my new project

seafra

my new/current project.
What was once a CB500

carbs are pissing petrol, and there's a billion other things to do before she's up and running.

still, she's pretty!! :p

Attachments

• DSCF0081.jpg
    DSCF0081.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 202
Look like Norman Hyde M bars. Classic British bars. I'm running them on my SR500 project.

BTW that is one of the craziest looking CB500's I've ever seen.

Ya... More pics please, and maybe a little background on this thing. Im not sure what to think of it... Haha.

The back ground to this bike is odd. it's defo a 1971 CB500 - well the engine is anyway. bought the engine and frame off a guy who bought it off a bloke from the UK. It has been sitting idly in a garage for the last six years. the bars came from a friend who thought they were too weird - he rides a bandit, enough said.

i'm currently looking at options for the side panels; a new seat and a new tank. i think the Tank is fugly and too small. i'd love to weld some bars from the back of the seat pan to the rear fender to support a pillion seat, not sure of that will interfere with the suspension or not. Working on some poly moulds for the side panels and will finish them in black as well.

the front forks are xm250s i think, but i'd love to get longer forks and raise the front of the bike a foot or two :)

Can't be sure, but the engine seems to have been tilted forward and down a wee bit - im judging this on the angle of the carbs.

anyone got any ideas for a seat/tank combo?

i have the original CB clocks but they're well worn.

also, have to figure out a way to house the ignition and the choke as they custom frame work hasn't allowed for that yet. the side panels are the obvious place though. but would love them up front, saves breaking the key with the foot - i've done this before.

still hasn't been registered on Irish plates yet; the original plates were apparently american, but have MOT cert and UK reg at moment. Transferring to Irish plates is a bit of a bother at the moment as the UK plate was put on a Q-reg when it was re-registered after modifications and ended up with a 1984 plate. trying to get customs/revenue to cop the fuck on and accept it'#s a 71.

i'll post more images.

Attachments

• DSCF0085.jpg
    DSCF0085.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 195
That certainly is interesting... Hahaha... You have your work cut out for you. Good luck sir!

My 2 cents worth - is that the aft section of a BSA A10 that's been grafted to the Honda frame? I thought at first maybe A65 (got a rear section around here someplace) but I think A10.
Whaddya think?
Regards,
Pat Cowan,
Vintage Motorcycle Fiberglass

you could be onto something there. the rear end of the BSA A10 has the same distinctive shape. i haven't a clue to be honest. the frame changed hands so much the origins have be lost in the ether.

Back
Top Bottom