socal cb360T build

where you located ? im in garden grove. looking for local riders to cruise around, i have a cb350 and cb77

imababy36 said:
where you located ? im in garden grove. looking for local riders to cruise around, i have a cb350 and cb77
The city of Brea not far from you. I just barely got my bike up and runin, im having carb issues. I still need ssome other minor things taken care of. As soon as i get hem handled we should definetly link up. Is your 350 a twin or a four?

Did you bench sync your carbs before putting them back on the bike? Do you have a carb sync tool ?

complete cb350 info : bike, green, 1972, registered till nov 2011, i have the title on hand, new battery, ignition, front wheel bearings , clean carbs , , oil, tires in great shape barely anywhere wear

needs: headlight lens, the original ones is on the bike right now but it has a hole in it. looks like someone shot it with a bb gun. i found new replacement lens for 8 bux.

might need new front brake shoes, either that im not adjusting the brake cable right. im a noobie dont know how to work on my bike haha.
the seat is torn but still in good shape, theres a shop down the street from my house that can rewrap it for cheap.

the paint on the tank is alittle rusted, easily repainted,

debating if i should post it on craigslist, what you think i should do? i dont have time for two bikes, i rather sell the cb350

IndieSol said:
Did you bench sync your carbs before putting them back on the bike? Do you have a carb sync tool ?

I did not sync the carbs. i dont have experiance synking carbs. My plan was to get them as close as possible manually and then maybe if i had issues learning to sinc. Can you point me in the right direction would be great thanks sole

imababy36 said:
complete cb350 info : bike, green, 1972, registered till nov 2011, i have the title on hand, new battery, ignition, front wheel bearings , clean carbs , , oil, tires in great shape barely anywhere wear

needs: headlight lens, the original ones is on the bike right now but it has a hole in it. looks like someone shot it with a bb gun. i found new replacement lens for 8 bux.

might need new front brake shoes, either that im not adjusting the brake cable right. im a noobie dont know how to work on my bike haha.
the seat is torn but still in good shape, theres a shop down the street from my house that can rewrap it for cheap.

the paint on the tank is alittle rusted, easily repainted,

debating if i should post it on craigslist, what you think i should do? i dont have time for two bikes, i rather sell the cb350

Well these old bikes usually need more work then what there worth$$$$ you never know what can of worms you will uncover. i might be interested for a good price.pm me with what you might want for it.

crazypj said:
Totally depends on filters and exhaust. (and if you have any air leaks ;D)
When it's 'right' at max rpm it will be rich mid-range.
I'm still experimenting with air correctors to get mid range right
You can't buy them 'off the shelf' as they are strange thread.
I can make some that will be close with 115 secondary main jets ('right' on some applications)

im not sure if i putt my linkage back together correctly hear is a pick
2010-12-01134736.jpg

if you look closeley theres a metal washer between the spring and the link. I dont know if the washers goes on the outside of the link( where the gap is in the pic on the top of the link screw) ????????

Yeah that washer really looks like it belongs in the gap you mentioned. Maybe find a parts fiche to look at?

i had a look its so small in the fishe that i couldnt tell. Can any one take a look at their carbs and see if its right.

imababy36 said:
i bought it for 800, spent 450 on parts and registration. trying to get as much back as possible

yeah i couldnt spend that much on a bike that needs restoring! i would pay you 450 for it and thats if it has good compreshion.
You know what is funny is that you can take a beatter bike and a midioker bike that looks good and you will end up spending the same amount of money on restoring both of them. What sux is that people want to much for their bikes that need tuns of work

Ringo said:
Yeah that washer really looks like it belongs in the gap you mentioned. Maybe find a parts fiche to look at?

So it turns out there is two washers one goes on the top and one on the bottom. The gap is there because i have my linkage to backed out.

i will lett you know how it goes.

Ok its been a long time . I had a few set backs do to my crapy clymer never once specified to fill my heads oil ports with oil . So guess what happened when i cold started my little lady nothing butt camshaft tearing into my head like two grown gay men not using vaseline.
So i had to buy a complete new head. Lucky for me some one was generous enough to hook me up for $ 30 bucks for a top end stocked !!
SO now an update every thing is swapped head is all putt together. I am currently charging my battery ,and adjusting my clutch cable then i am going to have to tune this little princes. Cross your fingers for me boys that every thing goes well. Also any one in the OC area know of any one who makes custom brake cables for a reasonable price?? Let a brother know thanks.

hey man I ride a 360 as well I'm just in y.l. I'm in brea all the time you might have even seen me haha. Small world. Nice build. This might have been covered but I'm on my phone so it's hard to see it all, but are you leaving your frame bare? I've been thinking about that. It looks so amazing but rust would be a problem right?

Back
Top Bottom