CB750 No Plunger Hellride Freedom Machine

CB750 No Plunger Hellride

Just to keep this thread a-movin’ along...

I’m kind of stuck trying to get the oil cooler/tank situation sorted. First, I ordered an Eiger oil cooler, which was too long. So, I swung again and tried a Suzuki Intruder oil cooler...

dd9e8327e2fab5e480aaa6e7c7059cf4.jpg

Muuuuch better.

I also ordered some extra length of SS line to give me some extra volume...

913ced80c78279ebbc199b6354227e66.jpg

Then I separated the case fittings from the stock lines, which basically match to 10an hose...

a5e1024c7fcaa8e9fcec40a6da6fe470.jpg

Now, it’s just a waiting game on some hose finishers and the fittings for the cooler. I’ll convert the banjo fittings to a setup with M12x1.0 to -10an fittings.

Note to self: don’t order from China unless it’s a last resort. You prefer days over weeks for delivery. Nothing stalls a build like this.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Re: CB750 No Plunger Hellride

irk miller said:
Just to keep this thread a-movin’ along...

Note to self: don’t order from China unless it’s a last resort. You prefer days over weeks for delivery. Nothing stalls a build like this.

Truth.

irk miller said:

Its funny though, I ordered rotors from China for the interceptor and they were on my door step in less than 3 days. Its a crap shoot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oil stuff

---> oil tank ---> cooler ---> motor inlet ---> motor outlet ---> oil tank --->

e2207c7363437b5dfefffcfa7203bc8b.jpg

76a4112e67098fb38d67ef31a8618f2f.jpg

08f34644beb828bd72ff1ffc1c4ded9b.jpg

Looking good. Something tells me you are itching to ride this one.

Big time.

canyoncarver said:
Looking good. Something tells me you are itching to ride this one.

He's just itchy cause he needs a bath.

i just got the 30 day reply notice. This is ridiculous. You have too many bmw's distracting you.

NEED.

MORE.

CHOPPAHHHHHHHHH!

Hurco550 said:
CHOPPAHHHHHHHHH!

Hahahaha! If people didn't turn to all dirt for Thaw, maybe I wouldn't feel so pressured to get something to ride there. Seriously though, I'm teaching myself leather working for this mutha's seat.

irk miller said:
Hahahaha! If people didn't turn to all dirt for Thaw, maybe I wouldn't feel so pressured to get something to ride there. Seriously though, I'm teaching myself leather working for this mutha's seat.

heard that man. I have a few things i wanted to do on my beemer this winter, but alas all my time has been spent on the dr650.

#thawprep

CB750 No Plunger Hellride

Made a few moves on the chopper and maybe hit a snag too:

I pulled the cover, checked compression, and a few other bits to get an idea of the life of this motor. It’s showing 160 compression across all 4 cylinders.but the motor lost power above 60mph and fouled the #4 plug. I always thought electrical, and I’m back to thinking that again. For now, I buttoned it back up in anticipation of wiring.

Next, I installed the F2 exhaust and found that it doesn’t quite clear the frame at the collector and hangs low enough to give me shit for lean clearance. Fuck.

5f85e0676a651f865f73adbfc4c77874.jpg

I have to decide if I want to alter this exhaust with some heat to get the clearance and pull it tight to frame, or fork out the dough for another exhaust. I could probably afford another exhaust for what these can sell for.

2340e1716dc33a2d2b43c499e63b2609.jpg

Otherwise, I’m very close to wiring it up and at least hearing it run.

0dcf7c634ad6a4ece11b387abeb9463b.jpg

Also: seconds thoughts on the style of seat, so we’ll hold off on covering until there are no doubts.

Man that looks good. What kind of second ideas on the seat? I like that one.

canyoncarver said:
Man that looks good. What kind of second ideas on the seat? I like that one.
Trying to decide if I want a seat that is more boxed out underneath to hide electronics. I have that box you sent me with the frame, but I may try to go a little more hidden. I do like this seat, and with the Italian leather, it could be sexy. Just thinking through electric ideas and ways to hide it.

^^^^^^What Trek said^^^^^^............................dayyyyum.

using the dirt-bike forks for length and leading axle is genius. nice work

Hell I don't normally go for choppers, but I like your's, maybe it's usd forks. Perhaps a higher seat with the electrics underneath?? Great work

Hey irk!May I ask how did you get that nice tank to fit?did you cut out something on the bottom and weld something back in like on the BMW build?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom