OH SHIT!!.. The new locO Triumph 650!!... DAMN...

Mate, keep an eye out for an old C11 Beeza tank (pre war). Theyre long and sleek, with an in tank speedo recess. Beautiful lines - less peanuts and more brazillians I say!!

one of my fav builds you have done yet man! i am loving that front end! keep it up... personally i would try and track down a smaller tank and do it fresco style, hell if you can lift up the current tank about 1 in to keep it in line with the top of the forks i think that would look trick as well... either way i think it is coming out sick!

JRK5892 said:
... personally i would try and track down a smaller tank and do it fresco style, hell if you can lift up the current tank about 1 in to keep it in line with the top of the forks i think that would look trick as well...

+1- Frisco either the current or hunt down a peanut or egg tank: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OL-SKOOL-STEEL-EGG-GAS-TANK-BOBBER-CHOPPER-2-4
GAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35a253dbe2QQitemZ230356671458QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

this one is pricey, but you get the basic idea.

I had a minute and did some photochoppin'. I made your tank smaller by close to half and bumped even with the line of the frame. I know the old tank was Frisco'd, but it was too much (Too much Frisco=gay; imagine that ;D). I moved your fender back so the brace is a vertical line, and I gave you some mini-apes, which suit the bike better, IMHO:
bobber.jpg

thats all nice stuff... but I think Im gonna stick to the Triumph tank that I have.
I just ordered some vintage badges and knee rubbers...

Im actually thinking of removing the rear fender all together and lowering the front and inch or 2 to tuck it in. I might just chop the bottoms of the forks...

the look Im going for is a cross between these 2 bikes:

and

yep... like I said.. Im gonna have the legs chopped at some point.. I just need to focus on getting these things done first:
1. Get ARD Magneto up and running, (Condensors and point on the way)
2. Time the motor
3. Bulid brackets to mount the tank
4. Put the exhaust back on
5. Wire up the Mity Max for headlight & brake/tail light
6. Tune the Mikuni's
7. Cut and shorten the Girders..
8. Treat the tank w/ Por-15 PC Glisten
9. Mount the tank badges and rubbers
10. Ride the Shit out of it!!
11. Park it... work on the XS650 Bobber...

Man!!...It helps to make a list..

If you put shorter shocks on the girder front end, that might lower it instead of cutting the forks themselves. From the picture of the Triumph (and from what I saw last night in the garage) it looks like you can lower the front end a good couple of inches just by getting shorter shocks.

you can also pull out the shock that is in htere and cut a coil or two out of it... will do the same... I LOVE that front end!

JRK5892 said:
you can also pull out the shock that is in htere and cut a coil or two out of it... will do the same... I LOVE that front end!

SHIT.. That is a damn good point... Cut a coil or two...
Anothering thing is I can drill another axle hole in on the legs about an inch or so above the current hole.. there is enough room..

But like I said.. thats #7 on my list..

cool i know it is down on your list... but that would look awesome to slam the coil on it, and drill a new hole that would look awesome with teh bottom fo the forks almost scraping the ground! i think that is awesome

This thing is fuckin sexy! Might be my fav of all time
here: (sorry, not sure what i'm doing to double post but what the hell)
Oh yeah..., it's well worth it to watch on youtube so it can be seen on a larger screen. The details on this thing is unreal!

[youtube=425,350]VyMj5dyZYBo[/youtube]

Oh yeah, btw, the bike was built for actor Jason Lee and is said to be a throwback to vintage boardtrack racers. It is also featured in this piece: http://www.youtube.com/user/FalconMotorcycles#p/u/3/LW5FzI3Q7ro

Nice bit of inspiration Leon!

Don't know how much of the finish you have planned already but i think using a little bass would send it over the top. Get your ride height then send the spring to Joe to do it in the trans gold. Then use brass washers throught the fork. Do an old school gas gauge brazed in the side of tank then clear coat with the tank pads. Use brass washers under stainless bolts throught the bike and maybe a few brass bits here and there. Hell you could even tape off the wheels and spokes and paint your nipples brass. Just use restraint on the brass throught. I think chrome, black, and brass would look sick. Maybe do a little black pin stripping outlined in brass on the tins done real small so it doesn't over power. Just real tiny. Yeah bro the three colors of chrome, black, and brass would be bad ass. I'm so jealous!

You guys hadn't heard of Falcon? I can't keep up with what I post on different forums. Well, this has been pretty much the only forum I've been writing on lately. I'm throwing in my vote for the rear fender-it's your ass literally, but I'd rather not hear about you losing it or a nut, because you hit a pothole and your rigid frame bumped you back onto the tire. Shit happens :eek:

Kev Nemo said:
You guys hadn't heard of Falcon? I can't keep up with what I post on different forums. Well, this has been pretty much the only forum I've been writing on lately. I'm throwing in my vote for the rear fender-it's your ass literally, but I'd rather not hear about you losing it or a nut, because you hit a pothole and your rigid frame bumped you back onto the tire. Shit happens :eek:
I'm guilty of being too busy ;D As for the fender, guys has been doing without forever. I'm from the old days of "scars are cool" and "if it doesn't kill us, it makes us stronger."

There's already one famous guy riding bikes around Austin with one nut and I don't want to join him unless I have to! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom