Harley street bob... take 9... ha ha ha ha always changing

went with a wreckless fairing... 6x9 for this guy... started to collect my stereo... i am planning on doing a 7 in flip touch screen DVD player, 400watt 4 channel amp, 2 3-way polk audio 6X9, 2 3.5 polk audio speakers in the saddle bags with bass blockers... we will see if i have room for the flip screen to come out wiht the risers... may have to do a single din 3.5 in DVD player on there instead... going to also french in my GPS mount and Ipod docing station... of course all quick release.... came in last night as we were putting in a 220 line in the garage... snapped some pics with the cell
going to go into the machine shop this weekend and make some brackets, not sure if i am a big fan of the ones that came with it... we will see
coating a sample piece this weekend as well... got to see if sherman williams or PPG can match the powder work on the tins.... if not, i got a back up plan i the works... just wanted to post up some pics

it is PERFECT with the 7.5 lamp! finally...
97lk7n.jpg

back side
2qio07q.jpg

hell yeah, Joe. I love the fact that this scoot is such a Transformer.

Did you buy your wife the 48 yet?

hoping to buy it in may... TheChild why did it hurt your back? apes straiten out your spine and should be better for your back if anything???? why big where the apes? what ws the pull back on them

i have the bags i made for it lst year as well, they are all torn down for paint but will flow nicley with the bike for my long trips!

I loved the apes. There just isn't any suspension travel. It bottoms out a lot. Definately cool for running around town. I rode it about 100 miles. I was going to buy it for $7500. But I just couldn't justify it.

you know where to get a 48 for 7500!!!!!!!! where, who? can you pm me the info, ill pay pal or money order the $ for it, and have it shipped! i can not find one for under 9800 out by me anywhere... she really wants the silver tank but i can always powder the stock one...

We sold it. I work for a dealer in GA. I think we sold it for 9. It had the silver tank. 300 miles on it. I wish I had been on this site sooner.

ahhh what a kick in the balls! hahaha of course... of course... man... you come across any more man please let me know... the only dealer out here that has what we are looking for ripps people off all the time and i refuse to give them 1cent of my money... i would rather pay more at the other dealer and support a dealership that takes care of customers...
please keep me in mind man. she is chomping at the bit for one... she also likes the new star stryker... but she really wants a Harley, everyone in my family rides HD... i have those uncles that like to bust balls when we roll up on metric just to get a rise out of me... hahaha works evry time too... hahaha

the 6x9 i am going with are these: DB691
they are 3 way marine grade 6x9 with a 100 watt RMS, i will also run speaker boots behind them for a bit better lows
the amp i am going to stuff in there on top of the head unit (still not decided on what headunit) is Pyle PLMR400... will give me a 4x100 so that should be plenty! i am stoaked
but last night i came across this : the dimensions would be great for the fairing...so i am kind of leaning this way now: Pyle (PLMRMP3A)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

any sugestions would be great... the bss blockers come with the polk audio 3.5 so i should be good on them. let me knw what you think about this set up

nice ill show her the site tonight... she liked the hammer low at the show (motorycle) so we will see

well after over 2 weeks of research and about 15 stores... finally decided and purchased a head unit for my fairing... powering the stereo in the bike is a Kenwood KIV-BT900, polk 600 watt 4 channel, Polk 6x9 3 way marine grade, and 3.5 polk marine speakers in the bag lids... you will def hear me!!!!!!

People are really going to do a double take when they're looking around for the g-ride bumpin 12s and see a Harley ride past. Very cool.

And yeah....the quick release thing will come in handy I'm sure. But hopefully only for you.

ill use a gun lock to keep it on the bike when i want it to stay. then quick unlock and pop pop 2 clamps and it pulls completely off the bike

Hey Joe, it's been about a month-and-a-half--any updates? I'm interested to see how that fairing/stereo operation turned out.

the build is in the bob section laying paint tomorrow! mounts are made and welded, inner cage is welded, everything is powder coated, plastics are all blocked and primered. speakers are mocked and ready to go! shouldhave it done by sunday... check out the post in the bob section bud has it all there

Back
Top Bottom