Suzuki Intruder (GN) 250cc from Brazil

Floegstad said:
Progress??

The wiring is 99% done.

Started the bike and runs good, just need to work on the carb.

Still waiting some parts to arrive.

But I guess the bike is 90% done, just a few weeks more and this little bastard is complete.

Made a quick teaser video showing the build progress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvcIpTqa-yw

So last night I took my bike for her first "legal" ride. Just amazing!

It's not done yet. I'm still waiting for some parts to arrive. This braking light isn't the one I'll keep, just a fix.

wuqqvuC.jpg

Thanks!

Very inspirational! I'm going to look at a GN250 on Monday. If I get it, I will definitely be studying your build process for ideas on how to customise my own! Well done my friend!

Looking very good, but you lowered the bars considerably yet didn't install a rearset. Doesn't that make it very uncomfortable?

TijmenK said:
Looking very good, but you lowered the bars considerably yet didn't install a rearset. Doesn't that make it very uncomfortable?

Not really uncomfortable. But after 30-45mins my back starts to feel bad. Maybe I'll use a flat bar in the future.

Montag said:
Not really uncomfortable. But after 30-45mins my back starts to feel bad. Maybe I'll use a flat bar in the future.
I'm more of a bicyclist, and will soon be riding a GN125 too so I'm not sure if what I'm about to say makes sense because I'm not sure if what applies to bike geometry also applies to your position on the motorcycle.

But I think a rearset will solve your back problems because it will allow you to tilt your pelvis, but he passenger foot pegs are too far back, and I don't really see a place where you can attach the rearset to the frame that wouldn't require putting the seat higher. None of the Suzuki GN cafes have changed the position of the footpegs which leads me to believe there isn't a good place to put them, meaning you can't do a ergonomically correct Suzuki GN cafe conversion without some major frame modifications or heightening the seat considerably.

TijmenK said:
I'm more of a bicyclist, and will soon be riding a GN125 too so I'm not sure if what I'm about to say makes sense because I'm not sure if what applies to bike geometry also applies to your position on the motorcycle.

Bicyclist here too!

TijmenK said:
But I think a rearset will solve your back problems because it will allow you to tilt your pelvis, but he passenger foot pegs are too far back, and I don't really see a place where you can attach the rearset to the frame that wouldn't require putting the seat higher. None of the Suzuki GN cafes have changed the position of the footpegs which leads me to believe there isn't a good place to put them, meaning you can't do a ergonomically correct Suzuki GN cafe conversion without some major frame modifications or heightening the seat considerably.

That's correct. You could weld some pegs somewhere but that wouldn't look and feel great. These GN frames all have this "custom stance" and we need to be creative to workaround it.

Hi, I'm in the process of finishing my GN off. What size wheels / tyres are you running? I think I have a smaller rear wheel than you do?

The build looks amazing!

JCR said:
Hi, I'm in the process of finishing my GN off. What size wheels / tyres are you running? I think I have a smaller rear wheel than you do?

The build looks amazing!

Thanks!
I'm running a 18" wheel on the front and a 17" on the rear. Front tire is a 90/90 and the rear one a 130/90.
Btw, those are not the stock wheels (16 and 19" I guess), I changed it.

Pwbanda said:
Did you have to re-tune or change anything to the engine/carbs since you changed to the Air Pod intake?

The engine is stock. I only opened, checked everything and cleaned it.

The carb has the same gicleurs but I managed to tune it using the mix screw. Runs pretty much ok.

What are the dimensions on the rear hoop? Bending radius, and internal / external diameters? And can you take a pic of the wiring?

Tijmen said:
What are the dimensions on the rear hoop? Bending radius, and internal / external diameters? And can you take a pic of the wiring?

I'll measure the loop and give you that info later. As you can see, it wasn't a single piece. I needed to bend 2 curves and weld them.

DS2OwIb.jpg

I can take a picture of the wiring, but it won't be very elucidative (it's messy!).
I used the original wiring diagram to simplify mine.

FlAS51g.jpg

It was very easy. All I needed was a multimeter.

AW: Suzuki Intruder (GN) 250cc from Brazil

youve made that little thing a beaut!
greetings from austria!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom