74 Commando Factory Production Race resto.....

Welcome to DTT.
Nice, looks like you got her super clean. Any Before/build pics to share?

So nice. And yes, do you have build pics? Love to see where it started and the details of how you got to this beautiful conclusion.

It was a one owner bike, now two....original owner had the dealer order and install the factory race equipment before he picked it up....he rode it for a dozen years, put 7k miles on it, put it on his porch in ‘88 and there it sat until last summer.....his son, knowing my involvement in vintage bikes, asked me to help him restore it, I told him of course I would. Well, a few months later he called and said it was way over his head, do I want the bike...so after thinking about it for oh, three seconds, I said I'll be over later...last fall.
So I spent the winter up to my neck in Norton.....I have all the original roadster parts as well, but I like it as a hot rod......

I didn't want to use new nuts and bolts, they look too new IMHO...so I set up a small plating operation, tumbled and zinc plated everything....tested on the keys....

No powdercoat, all paint...and a lot of polishing...

Haven't done the ton on her yet, been busy with other projects....pretty soon though...in the meantime I'll enjoy gazing at her....

It ain't a Norvil proddy racer if it ain't yella.. Just kidding. That is a really nice restoration.

That's the first one I have seen with an Endurance (long range) tank. Most have the usual Norvil low tank. I had forgotten how well British castings polish up compared to Japanese aluminum of that era.

Very nice.

teazer said:
It ain't a Norvil proddy racer if it ain't yella.. Just kidding. That is a really nice restoration.

That's the first one I have seen with an Endurance (long range) tank. Most have the usual Norvil low tank. I had forgotten how well British castings polish up compared to Japanese aluminum of that era.

Very nice.
Yea, I know....it was yellow, he had them paint it before he picked it up....I like the black but sorta wish it was still yellow.....and yes, six gallon tank is kinda rare....still yellow on the insides....;-)

Back
Top Bottom