CB350 Built by a teen (Weld Now, Grind Later)

You know what's funny about this thread? It kinflda embodies what happens to 75% of the threads here that we just turn a blind eye to.

Young kid buys bike

Tells us his hopes and dreams for said bike

Attacks with fervor

Makes mistakes

Get blasted by the salty dogs

Learns a little from said mistakes

Continues for a time

Something shiny catches his attention

And here we are..

Kinda ironic to think about. Of all the dead horse threads we could try to coax the OP back into participating, we choose this one.

Fuck you all, I'm not dead yet... Just let me finish up school and the CB350 will get done ;)

And just for all the haters out there... The CB350 has not been forgotten. I've been busy with school and work for the most part and I haven't even been living home with the bike. I wholly intend to finish it; I would never let that work go to waste.

I will admit not much has changed over the years. I'm still obsessed with shiny transmissions... This is the one I designed and manufactured this year for use in my school's Baja SAE race car.

Don't worry... I'm just as batshit as I ever was, nowadays I'm just too busy and tired for the shenanigans, so I do a lot more work.

Rocan said:
And just for all the haters out there... The CB350 has not been forgotten. I've been busy with school and work for the most part and I haven't even been living home with the bike. I wholly intend to finish it; I would never let that work go to waste.

I will admit not much has changed over the years. I'm still obsessed with shiny transmissions... This is the one I designed and manufactured this year for use in my school's Baja SAE race car.

Don't worry... I'm just as batshit as I ever was, nowadays I'm just too busy and tired for the shenanigans, so I do a lot more work.
How do you like Baja? I'm thinking of joining formula SAE

lol...

I love every time I get an email notification that this thread has been updated.

Seriously, though. I really would like to see David finish this bike up.

Pretty sure it will change direction a few times but eventually get done. It's in his parents basement and not costing anything.
I recently finished up a Suzuki T305 that I started working on the end of Jan 2014. Originally it was a quick 'get it running' but every time I fixed something there were 3~4 serious issues that came to light. The only thing I didn't do was re-paint tank and side panels and re-cover seat (although the wrong seat did get modified to fit properly, had to cut 5" off the 'nose')
Eventually I'll get some pictures on Photobucket so I can upload them on here
My XS650's (800, 840) haven't been looked at in years, I'll get to them eventually when things settle down (yeah, right, I'm 60 and things are not settled down yet ::) )

LOL, ;D probably be a few more years. Probably still doing Baja stuff? As long as he stay's off drugs things will come along eventually

Projects are like that. Life gets in the way and then other projects come along and absorb all the available brain cells, enthusiasm and cash.

Sometimes, we just need to clear the decks and look at our old projects with a fresh eye.

tis true, i spent a couple of years looking at my cb750 trailbike project and being overwhelmed by all the stuff i needed to do to it that i didn't have the time money skills or space and put the cover back on it

then i got an offer to swap the whole lot for a zzr1100 ( zx11 to our colonial cousins ) that just needed basic reassembly, i leapt at it and now i should have it going and on the road before xmas

I laughed to see this resurrected again. Just last week I was thinking, "at least my build hasn't gone as long as Rocan's" and here it is up and going again.

cbrianroll said:
Wow....a thread that's taking longer than my goldwing lol....

I've gotten to used to irks ridiculously fast builds...
So, WTF is happening with the 'wing? I have '79 that I'll be starting on in late October (after Barber). Been showing the '78 locally with good interest.

Man... why do I keep coming back here?

I moved to Socal 3 years ago. Worked for Singer Vehicle Design for about a year before moving to the aerospace industry designing environmental test chambers. Have had a number of bikes and projects since I've been here. Restored a 1993 RMX250 2 stroke CA plated which I built as a Supermoto. Unfortunately crashed into the side of a car about a month ago on that so now I need to fix up the damage. Picked up a CB750 K1 a few months back that was already built and detabbed. Got it running well and will flip it. And some other projects.. was doing a Manx build with a full tube chassis and Honda V6 mid engined with a WRX transaxle. Now the girlfriend want's to move back East so I'm having to liquidate everything. CB350 Still in my parents basement awaiting my return. Once I move back and get settled in I plan to finish the 350 and my (second) BMW 2002.... so fairly small projects relative to what I've been doing since I last went MIA.

Hopefully I'll be in the tristate area by the new year. Waiting on a job offer. I'm sure you all have questions. AMA. My instagram might answer some questions. https://www.instagram.com/rocanmotor/?hl=en . Same old me, just older, with less time and more responsibilities. Perhaps I've picked up a few skills along the way :)

Last edited:
Welcome back. Yep. Life sure does get in the way. Good luck with all the upcoming life changes

Back
Top Bottom