The Workshop & Deck

Re: Workshop, stage two underway =)

Now THAT is a deadbolt!

Since we're building a 4' wide door (rather than try and buy one) for my shop, I've been mulling over ideas about what to do for a lock. That looks clean, simple, and most of all effective! :D

Redbird said:
Now THAT is a deadbolt!

Since we're building a 4' wide door (rather than try and buy one) for my shop, I've been mulling over ideas about what to do for a lock. That looks clean, simple, and most of all effective! :D

Although PadBolts are a great idea for out side doors as they can take a Padlock ;)

Attachments

• imagesCAAVA22G.jpg
    imagesCAAVA22G.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 879
  • imagesCAU1SL0I.jpg
    imagesCAU1SL0I.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 913
  • imagesCAY283O0.jpg
    imagesCAY283O0.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 882

Ok, so finally some time to make more pogress on this stage ;D. Right so I have completed all of the stumping on the left half of the base :eek: and the rim joists for the step to the grass area are installed :D. The best news is that I have started to lay some deck boards ;D

It don't look like much, but there is 500 screws just in that lot of decking boards :eek:

Attachments

• 20130209_0037_PHOTO.jpg
    20130209_0037_PHOTO.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 905
  • 20130209_0038_PHOTO.jpg
    20130209_0038_PHOTO.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 853

Nice work on the man cave mate. I would love to have something like that. Even having aircon in the shop is a huge plus. Have not spotted the beer fridge yet though.

Oh and that is a huge deck. (Kiwi joke)

andycafe said:
Ok, so finally some time to make more pogress on this stage ;D. Right so I have completed all of the stumping on the left half of the base :eek: and the rim joists for the step to the grass area are installed :D. The best news is that I have started to lay some deck boards ;D

It don't look like much, but there is 500 screws just in that lot of decking boards :eek:

That's a huge dance floor.Where's the brass pole going?

bvander said:
Nice work on the man cave mate. I would love to have something like that. Even having aircon in the shop is a huge plus. Have not spotted the beer fridge yet though.

Oh and that is a huge deck. (Kiwi joke)

Cheers mate, The wife wants a bigger and better fridge in the house, so i'll get current 1 which is awesome as a beer fridge :) Note sure if you've seen the post that my workshop is built off the back of our 63sqm garage, so the fridge will be by the door in there ;D .

How did you know I was originally from NZ? lol ;D

Attachments

• 4071d5g_20.jpg
    4071d5g_20.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 701

ben2go said:
That's a huge dance floor.Where's the brass pole going?

In the middle next to the jelly wrestling pool :eek: ;D lol......

Attachments

• imagesCAHK3ET2.jpg
    imagesCAHK3ET2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 649
  • Brass_Pole_Cropped.jpg
    Brass_Pole_Cropped.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 650

Ha!!
I keep telling the wife I'm putting a stripper pole in my workshop. She thinks I'm kidding :p

SupportSingleMoms.jpg

andycafe said:
Cheers mate, The wife wants a bigger and better fridge in the house, so i'll get current 1 which is awesome as a beer fridge :) Note sure if you've seen the post that my workshop is built off the back of our 63sqm garage, so the fridge will be by the door in there ;D .

How did you know I was originally from NZ? lol ;D

Look like a decent bar fridge. Can keep a few steaks in the freezer.
I had an idea you were a Kiwi as you have aircon in the workshop and live in victoria but drink carlton draught. Also you did all the work yourself. Not to many Aussie would do that haha.

Redbird said:
Ha!!
I keep telling the wife I'm putting a stripper pole in my workshop. She thinks I'm kidding :p

SupportSingleMoms.jpg

Ah haha, you have to have something for everyone, bikes for bike mates / beer for beer mates and danicing pole everyone ah haha lol.... cheers andy

bvander said:
Look like a decent bar fridge. Can keep a few steaks in the freezer.
I had an idea you were a Kiwi as you have aircon in the workshop and live in victoria but drink carlton draught. Also you did all the work yourself. Not to many Aussie would do that haha.

Doesn't everyone love 20deg C, mmm steak, ah haha is that why all my aussie mates can't believe I did it all myself ;D cheers andy......

PS: VB tastes like vegemite :) :D ;D :eek:

Bert Jan said:
Looks amazing man! Awesome job!

Thanks Bert, i've just arranged for time off work from the 9th of March so that I can go hard laynig down some Deck ;D

Hows the deck going mate ? just went back through and read the last 15 pages of your build again :) inspiring

jaderd said:
Hows the deck going mate ? just went back through and read the last 15 pages of your build again :) inspiring

Hey, I've been super busy with work so progress has been slow but I've taken this week off to lay all the decking boards I have (half the deck) and the step up from the garage :D I too have been looking back over the build and can't believe what
I achieved :eek: I still have my eye on a motorcycle lift plus theres still plenty of other things I want/need to do in the shop ;)

How about you? any spanner turning lately

sounds good,

yeah a bit of spanner turning but related to the camp trailer.
most recent was i flipped the axle to under the leaf springs instead of on top and replaced U Bolts, as even with the 10" wheels as the trailer is wide and has actual boxed wheel arches it was a tight fit to wedge the wheel out between hub and wheel well.

Didnt want that hassle on the side of the road incase blowout / flat tire.

So flipped it which gave me 4-5" more ground clearance and also enabled me to fit some spare BMW E30 rims to the trailer, jumped up to 14's running 195 profile looks and should tow nice and stable.

quick pic to hijack ya thread.

544458_10151288422186619_928143996_n.jpg

jaderd said:
looks and should tow nice and stable.
Not necesarily. Car tires have softer sidewalls than trailer tires. The softer sidewalls allow the trailer to sway, and even more so with a high center of gravity.
Trailer tires are built stiffer and (generally) capable of carrying higher loads than their car counterparts.

/threadjack.

Ok so I picked up my new Motorcycle work tabke tonight and i'm stoked with it I slid the cafe racer onto it as soon as I got home and I think I can feel some motivation coming on Also I picked up 3 more boards like I used for my bench tops and i'll make large single doors for my work benches out of them once I cut them to fit between the posts. Also I think now I should intall the 2x5' fluro lights for the lifter work area

Attachments

• DSC_0254 (800x574).jpg
    DSC_0254 (800x574).jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC_0255 (800x590).jpg
    DSC_0255 (800x590).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0257 (800x593).jpg
    DSC_0257 (800x593).jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC_0258 (800x531).jpg
    DSC_0258 (800x531).jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 234

It seems getting the new lift has helped my motivation to complete outstanding jobs
Tonight I cut down the bench on the left from 3mtrs to 1.6mtrs, this gives me much better access to the compressor inclosure, also moved the Yamaha up onto the bench so that it's out of the way until it's time for it to be rebuilt.
I also placed the panels that I'm thinking of making doors for the benches with around the shop to get a feel for the idea what do you think?

Attachments

• DSC_0253 (800x532).jpg
    DSC_0253 (800x532).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC_0254 (800x767).jpg
    DSC_0254 (800x767).jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC_0256 (752x800).jpg
    DSC_0256 (752x800).jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 783

Looks great Andy, except its too clean ;D and you need some inspirational motorcycle/car/ etc. pics on the walls. That said you are creating an awsome space, I'd put a bed in the corner and sleep there too.

Back
Top Bottom