1976 CB750F project. DARKSIDE

Re: 1976 CB750F project.

Some more work done!!

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 232

Got to ride her a few times but had some problems with the number one cylinder. I am going to due a total tear down now that its winter.

Got some work done on new seat this weekend. It's going slow on the bike to much work and school. Base of seat is 3/4 " plywood and .045 aluminum sheets to make top and sides. I used a utility knife to score the sheets, and then bent the sheet back and forth to break them. I used a die grinder to smooth the edges out. I plan to use aluminum welding rods from harbor freight to weld them together. I am going to coat everything with a thin coat of bondo or some other body filer.
IMG_0572-1.jpg

Been going to school and working a lot not much time for wrenching. I getting some set work done will post pictures soon.

Got some work done on new seat this weekend. It's going slow on the bike to much work and school. Base of seat is 3/4 " plywood and .045 aluminum sheets to make top and sides. I used a utility knife to score the sheets, and then bent the sheet back and forth to break them. I used a die grinder to smooth the edges out. I plan to use aluminum welding rods from harbor freight to weld them together. I am going to coat everything with a thin coat of bondo or some other body filer.

Have not posted in a while work and school getting in the way of my project. Fab up a seat with 3/4 inch plywood and .060 alum. sheets I got from my work for free!!
Wish I would have had a band saw it would have made it much easier to cut the sheets. I scored the sheet with a utility knife and bend back and forth until the sheets broke. I used alum. pop rivets to hold sheet together. I using evercoat short grain fiberglass to cover the alum. sheet and wood seat here are some pictures.
IMG_0144.jpg

Interesting stuff you have going on there. Looks to be in excellent shape. Not entirely sure what your plan is for the seat, but have you considering shortening it up? It's obvious you're going for a solo seat, you could make the new seat shorter and overhang less on the back tire. Your vision though, just my thoughts. Good luck with it.

love the brake upgrade....
where did you hear about it?
im running 32mm calipers on mine. what did yours come off of?

what did you do with the stock rear caliper?
i could use one.

Brake upgrade came from a 1981 cb750f. I just saw the brakes and thought that it should work and it did. Saving the original in case I ever wan to use it later.

I think I am going to go a different way with my seat. Going to fiberglass the seat pan up and mold up the shape in the rear section. Tell me if you have any suggestions or comments.
IMG_0148.jpg
IMG_0149.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg

Put some short grain fiberglass on the seat pan today. Its going to be a little heavy, but does it really make a difference on a 500 pound bike. I may use it to make a fiberglass mold some day.
IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg
IMG_0151.jpg

Working on a seat pan from 1981 cb750F for my bike. Used short grain fiberglass to finish off seat pan.
IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg

Bike as it sits right now. Plan on using neoprene on the seat pan then cover with leather, or something else.
IMG_0130.jpg

Neoprene on the seat pan and shape to size. Going to cover with blacked embossed alligator leather.
IMG_0169.jpg
IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0170.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg

Back
Top Bottom