computer screen gradually moving to the right

pterodactyl

Been Around the Block
Does anybody know how to fix this? It's fine until I get on a website. It's over about a half inch and gradually getting worse! windows vista btw

I was gonna blame your desk - get a level ;) But then I saw Windows Vista and realized the laws of physics don't apply.

Windows 7 or 8 - time to make the move.

Barring that, try installing Google Chrome or Firefox browsers and see if it does the same thing.

Easy fix - get a new PC. Seriously. Vista was a monumental disaster. Go back to Xp or forward to Win 7 if your PC can handle it. Sounds like a graphics baord or mouse issue of some sort. Try to google it.

I think I fixed it. Pretty simple in my case!!Make sure you close all other Chrome windows except leave only one regular Chrome window open.

Resize the window to make it smaller from any top or bottom or left or right edge by click-and-drag that edge. Then click-and-drag the top tabstrip area and move the entire smaller window so you can see the entire screen.

Then close that regular window so Chrome will save this position, and Chrome will restart with this size and position next time.

In case anyone is having this problem!!

I am by no means a Mac fanboy, but will say in earnest that they have their place and are great products. My old lady's Mac lasted her over five years (web browsing and schoolwork and Photoshop) I've been through three three PCs in that time, and wish I had just bought a MacBook Pro for the money I spent. Thread jacked!

plagrone said:
I am by no means a Mac fanboy, but will say in earnest that they have their place and are great products. My old lady's Mac lasted her over five years (web browsing and schoolwork and Photoshop) I've been through three three PCs in that time, and wish I had just bought a MacBook Pro for the money I spent. Thread jacked!
I would never buy a pc from a shop either, they are so simple to build and it is a hell of a lot cheaper to do so. Mine usually last 5 to 6 years before I build a new one.

Mine is now over 10 years old and in that time all I replaced are the motherboard, CPU, power supply, video cards (twice) and hard drives at different times for different reasons. Same computer though......:)

Back
Top Bottom