Help with wire harness cb350

Burninwordz

Hi guys I'm a noob at the forum trying to rebuild the wire harness and its parts and I would appreciate all the help I can get.I bought this bike a 1972 cb350 from a guy who started to convert it into a cafe racer and he took off all the electric wires and parts so now I don't know where they go. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 354
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 329
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 336
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 333
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
More pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 304
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 314
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 313
I made that wiring harness (looks like it's been modified, though).

Email me at support@sparckmoto.com and I'll get you the installation instructions.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I just finished taking it apart and it seems to have been modifield and I guess that it's missing cables .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 314
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 313
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
That's a fuse box someone added. It's not one of our parts. I can probably help you get it set up if you want to use it, but it's not strictly necessary.

Ok thanks...... If I don't need the fuse box then lets discard it.
Now I've noticed that the rectifier has a plug with 3 cables to the alternator.
But the alternator has 4 cables . I understand I need to change the plug .
So which of the cables do I join to make it 3 for the rectifier plug?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 299
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 294
The colors should match up.
If there's three pins in the plug on the harness then it means the harness was ordered without the use of a neutral light. The green/red wire is the one to skip.

Ok... Thanks
I just installed these left and right controls but I'm not sure if their the correct way to install them.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 296
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
Most of the colors on those should match up with the harness and the stock Honda colors. If you're using the hazard switch as kill switch from the right hand control, the gray wire should go to a black wire in the harness and the light blue and orange wires should be spliced together and go to the thick white wire in the harness.

Time to get back on this ..Sonrier my harness doesn't have the white cable and where would that white cable connect to..
Thanks

Its frustrating not being able to understand this ...When I've done so may electric projects
Does any body have a simple diagram for this bike?
Can I use this diagram?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 259
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    710 KB · Views: 270
No pun intended ...but I followed your instructions our I missed interpreteded them regarding the light blue and orange wire And went ahead and spiced them together and connected them to white wire and I connected the gray wire to the flasher and to the battery to activate the signals and it didn't work . So I separated them not using the white wire and connected them individually and now the signals work .
Thanks

Well been kinda stuck with this wiring problem...hmmm?
Not sure if it's the switch ..
All help will be appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 262
Thanks brother My (rookie) mistake was that I wasn't connecting the green and red wire to ground.Now I can turn the head lights on and also start it.Will need to change the ground wire that's from the battery to a thicker gauge because the one that I used heats up and turns red? It that normal?

Back
Top Bottom