Let's see your Garage / Shop

Big R

Heaven is so far away.
After looking around the forum for a while I've noticed that some people have the luxury of a dedicated machine shop/garage to do their work while some others are trying to get whatever they can done outdoors. So how about a thread with pics of your "home away from home"? I'll start it out. Let me just say that growing up my family NEVER had a usable garage, if we had one it became storage space (military brat). So after my Dad retired and bought a house WITH a garage, I was stoked. Unfortunately, the doors didn't close, the concrete was too cracked to use a creeper, the roof leaked like crazy, and the garage itself was built sometime when cars were about 4' by 6' or something so there wasn't hardly any room to work. All these were major factors to me when buying a house. So here goes:

Pulling up with the realtor I actually said "we'll take it" but my wife said we should walk through the house first
IMGP2636.jpg

Then we found out that the garage was about 800 sq ft and the house was about 1100 sq ft.
IMGP2638.jpg

To this day my wife tells people if it wasn't for the garage, we wouldn't have bought the house. She's probably right!

IMGP2639.jpg

9224_1053134469038_1846101469_105817_3518287_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs245.snc1/9224_1053134509039_1846101469_105818_1435985_n.jpg[/imh]

[img]http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs245.snc1/9224_1053134549040_1846101469_105819_7973181_n.jpg

I like this thread

Back when I was in college in Seattle I was living in a rented house in which we had a single bay downstairs with an adjacent bedroom and laundry/rec room... I didn't go upstairs much:

This is the best pic that I've got of the old place:

DSCN0456.JPG

I think you should be able to tell by the cinder block and discarded door shelving that it was rough, and lighting was non existent.

Then when I moved to Texas I was ecstatic to learn that some apartments come with garages:

Texas%2001.JPG

Not a big improvement in space, but I now had some income so I made sure to get it lit up properly.

Second apartment, this time on the second floor, but with a staircase directly into my garage:
garage%2002.jpg

that was cool. Still single bay, but:

garage%2001.jpg

with a cool little storage cubby space.

Followed by the 6 month dark period without a space:

duc.jpg
squid.jpg

Moved in with my girlfriend to live out her lease before we bought a house together...

...to where I am now:

garage01.jpg

garage02.jpg

Now if I could just get those cars out of the way I could have some room to work :)

Nice Ranchero and MR2! I miss my first gens a lot.

IMG01250.jpg

There's my garage. I gave my roommate the master bedroom for the garage. Heh, still no damn room.

Parked outside are my Valiant and Civic, and my Rambler is still being stored off at a lot a guy uses to park cars for his used car dealership.

Hey Chip, we have some of the same artwork. I have those two vintage race posters, matted the same too!

I moved in with chickie in July. Our new place is huge...but no garage and she won't let me wheel my bike into the living room. Mysta, you've got a realllll special lady there.

Represto said:
I moved in with chickie in July. Our new place is huge...but no garage and she won't let me wheel my bike into the living room. Mysta, you've got a realllll special lady there.

HE know where to put his foot down

Before:

100_0981.jpg

During the reno:

100_1071.jpg

Garage-LivingRoomReno1.jpg

Doors added (a bit tight in there):

0903240001.jpg

Most recent picture:

Paint1.jpg

I found this pic on another forum - I guess a friend of the photographer's added on to his garage so everybody's bikes would have a home every winter! Talk about above and beyond!!

:eek:
028.jpg

Heres my shop. Ive never had indoor shop space, so I kicked out the lawn tractor from its wintersleep den & created this!

Its propane heat with two poly walls. Insulated well everywhere else. It holds the heat with a little 20lb heater. Havent even went through one cylinder yet.

i have a puch maxi frame hanging on my garage wall as well, i was in the middle of rebuilding it when i bought my bike and it got put on the wall my wife wants me to sell it but i want to keep it for my kids someday but i will have to un-modify it cause it goes 48MPH..lol

yeah thats what i did all last winter i think i have 6-700$ in that thing there is no way i could get that much out of it so i might as well keep it.

here is mine...I converted my attic to more storage, i pull down the ladder and i have shelving up there to help me stay organized and keep all the parts in need, i also have a 1 car barn in back with the lawn mower, 3 bikes, etc... THE VERY BEST THING YOU CAN DO IN YOUR GARAGE IS CARPET IT... NO JOKE, THE BEST! keeps it cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and an old vacume will get you all cleaned up! i love mine! It is all insulated, heated, has a full spray booth, polishing station, outlets every 6 ft along the wall and 3 on the ceiling. it is ok, gets the job done

with any luck our new shop building will be completed next month and the wife can actually park in the garage and i do not have insure it as a shop anymore!!!

29m93s6.jpg

v7avck.jpg

2mcv49.jpg

My garage is carpeted too. I love it, except for once when I spilled a bunch of oil on it. Used a whole bottle of degreaser and a roll of paper towels and it's still a mess.

here is my little garage. it will never fit a car i don't even think a mini can fit but i love it.

when i first moved in.
DSCF2060.jpg

a few months later. i have some cleaning to do most of it isn't even mine i have to sub lease haha to neighbors so i could afford the garage.
DSCN0320.jpg

Found an old pic of the garage. Since built a large workbench, added a smaller work table, welder and some other bits. Ill get a new pic next time im there. The big fella in the corner is my buddy Matt. Its his garage, and hes building a sweet xs500 that Im going to be doing a vintage Yamaha racer paint job on ala Kenny Roberts.
P9090227.jpg

Back
Top Bottom