Let's see your Garage / Shop

Here is a couple pictures of my shanty...

Outside:
DSCF0458.jpg

Inside when I got the place:
DSCF0351.jpg

Now:
SDC18205.jpg

SDC18206.jpg

SDC18207.jpg

The side room...
SDC18211.jpg

SDC18212.jpg

Newest Toy:
SDC18203.jpg

And yes... i bought a garage, that came with a house.

Well the place that I currently reside does not have a garage. :( But it does have a small prefab building in the back yard that was used as a sewing/storage room by the previous owner. I have converted into what I feel is a pretty good work shop with all things considered. It is small, 15ft X 10ft with only one small window and one standard size door, but it does have heat and A/C! Even though it is small I organized well to try and cut down on clutter! Enough babbling, here it is!

From the outside you would never suspect the mayhem inside!
SDC10943.jpg

Some shots creating a panoramic view around the inside
SDC10947-1.jpg

SDC10944.jpg

SDC10949.jpg

SDC10945.jpg

SDC10951.jpg

SDC10946.jpg

The work bench
SDC10950.jpg

Pegboard organization
SDC10948.jpg

Soon my newest bike purchase will be in there and a standing drill press!

Twisted - that is actually a sweet little spot you have. It would be real easy to have 2 people work for a couple hours and pounding beers the whole time.

And JRK, about that carpeting..... whenever we moved into our house I somehow "inherited" my sister-in-laws 5' by 7' rug. The thing was hideous to me so I plopped it down in the garage by the couch and beer fridge. Soon as my wife saw it all I heard was "Are you crazy? That's an Eddie Bauer rug! You'll ruin it in here!!". Didn't wanna tell her but that was the whole point.

That is a good shop. I remember working out of a 8 x 12 and it wasn't bad. Its easier to keep what you absolutely need and get rid of what you don't. I like the way you have your stuff very well organized on the wall. A place for everything and everything in its place. It really is amazing how much more a guy can get done when he isn't looking for lost, misplaced, or buying/shopping for items that he already has on a shelf somewhere.

JRK5892 said:
Druro you win!
Agreed! I bow to you superiority! My place looks like a bakery in comparison to most of you guys work spaces! I will not let that effect my build though! I just got this place looking this way, as you can tell there is no oil and grime on the work bench. I have had several shops in the past (at my parents house then my own garage) and I know it won't take long to break it in.

Thanks Guys.... took me far longer then I figured to get it to that state. The only downside is I can't really work on a car and bikes at the same time (can fit car... just not the bikes).

Maybe next time....

no garage for me yet. have my project split between my my dad's garage (probably my favorite place in the world) and my uncle's garage, which with 5000sq ft, every tool you could ever think of, three car lifts, too many cars, and all his toys, is a totally different place.

my dad's garage has floor to ceiling knotty pine and is CLASSIC! when bike parts aren't covering the floor the ping pong table is.

tumblr_ku3s2vdVnD1qzphkvo1_500.jpg

Over the past year...If you make it to the end you can see the bikes progress from start to now.

You can see how bare that corner was before I got into the bike project
Picture008-1.jpg

Built my little 4x2 bench
Picture001.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture008-3.jpg

100_0978-1.jpg

After last nights declutter, added the pegboard to my other bench, mounted my grinder to the bench, general reorganization. There`s a shelf behind the towel that holds my buffer, welder, drill case, etc... I also mounted a little flourescent light to the top right corner of the peg poard for more light, plus the little snake light attached to the grinder. Used an old shower curtain rod between the front of two post to hang randon [shizzle] on, like bungee cords, and that towel, lol. I actually spent about 7 hours out there last night messing around, and managed to do ZERO work on the bike.
101_1066.jpg

101_1064.jpg

And the other corner (our garage is called a 1 1/2 because of the door set-up but it's a full 2 car plus).
101_1065.jpg

...and I made $40 at the scrap metal place getting rid of all the useless bike and car parts I've been hoarding over the past couple years today. 410 lbs of useless [shizzle] not taking up valuable work space anymore.

Well cats, stage one of my three stage "Garage to Bike Shop" convertion is almost complete! All I have to do is plumb the sink and stage one is done. Most of you may remember my little shop from my old place.....well no more! I love my garage! Check it and let me know what you think.
SDC12593.jpg

SDC12592.jpg

SDC12585.jpg

SDC12584.jpg

SDC12583.jpg

SDC12582.jpg

SDC12581.jpg

SDC12580.jpg

SDC12579.jpg

SDC12577.jpg

Later stages will bring in the big shop tools and better lighting when I run a new breaker box for the welder and compressor!

I built this last summer:
100_2105.jpg

It actually houses my cages (my SuperDuty and the Wife's Expedition), as well as the bikes and sleds. I built it too small, though, since it is only about 800 sq. ft. I don't really do much for work here, though. When I became the service manager at the tractor dealership where I work, the owner told me that it was my shop. I have free run of the place for all of my toys; my bikes and sleds live there in season. It is pretty rad having the full welding bay, wash bay, paint room, hoists, lifts, and all of my personal tools there. My garage just houses the stuff at my house now! ;D

Back
Top Bottom