MAY 2011 BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS!

Hahahahaha! Wow, he's a lil sensitive eh? You'd think people who build/ride bikes would have tougher skin. Good stuff fellas, hahaha.

Leave it to some guy buying parts from Benji to call out one of the few real bike builders on this site.... oh man, if he only knew, lol...

swampdick: it is like the Barking Seal only with a hot chick at the lake...

I'd like to share my latest build.

suzuki.jpg

I put everything on this bike myself. Stickers were the hardest.

hahaha way way off topic... but... how do you like that pipe? is it the full pipe or just the slip, what kind is it? my buddy laid down his GSXR 750 and is in the market for a new pipe

JRK5892 said:
hahaha way way off topic... but... how do you like that pipe? is it the full pipe or just the slip, what kind is it? my buddy laid down his GSXR 750 and is in the market for a new pipe

:-\ No! Not the one you did all that custom work to I hope!

shalbleib said:
i've decided to leave it up so i can see more whiny replies... pathetic. i build bikes. i like to see other peoples builds. maybe others are just jealous so they choose to bitch and moan. f' em. what do u want me to post ringo? my favorite color or ice cream flavor? i have better things to do then play on forums.

Just create a build thread...it will take about 5 minutes. I also posted my bike up on here without a nomination and was politely told what I need to do and I completely understand. Not only is it a sharing experience, but it also kind of validates the fact that you own/created the bike.

Edit: I see that I am waaay behind on this thread. Sorry!

dakine_surf said:
Leave it to some guy buying parts from Benji to call out one of the few real bike builders on this site.... oh man, if he only knew, lol...

swampdick: it is like the Barking Seal only with a hot chick at the lake...

Uh oh, is there a diluted feeling towards Benjies parts? I consider myself a beginner in terms of bike building and bought a tank and seat from him and think they look great. But, do people look down on those types of parts?

I don't think it's a case of looking down on people that buy so much as looking up to people who build.

Sonreir said:
I don't think it's a case of looking down on people that buy so much as looking up to people who build.

Ok, I see what your saying. I agree, those who completely build/fabricate something of their own is definitely something I hope to achieve on my next bike!

Looks like I'm a little late to the party...

Too bad I won't be able to participate in BOTM. I actually found this site while I was restoring my bike, so I had already started a build log on blogger. I'm pretty much done with the bike so it would be kind of dumb for me to create a build thread at this point. Oh well...

I love BOTM though. There are some very talented people building bikes out there!

I swamp Dicked that bitch LOL. On A serious note though guys i want to nominate me for BOTM HAHAHAHAHA!!!

wow thanks for the nomination! the bike is almost done and will be ready by may if not in the next 2-3 days just wrapping up some wires and odds and ends! again tho thanks for the recognition

Good on ya, EWD. I'll check it out. There are a ton of us here, myself included, who don't yet have the skill the fabricate a tank or various other bits of a bike, but I don't think many of us in that boat are going to come on here with that kind of entrance, disrespecting others irrationally and calling ourselves bike builders. I'm sure, had he stuck around to see the work of guys like Louie, Kanticoy, EuroDave, JoeyPutt, etc., he'd have seen what real builders are capable of and why he got the backlash he got.

One of the things I like most about this site is it's inclusiveness. I joined a complete and utter rookie, having only recently touched the inner workings of a motorbike for the first time, and was able to get a neglected old Honda back on the road. I've been coming back ever since.

Glad you took your responses as they were intended, and welcome to DTT.

-Louie, I think I'm only just a bit taller. I had already written my rant and decided that my shitty mood really had little to do with that clown, and I had already put too much energy into it. Didn't want to have to reply to him again. Your response was actually better anyways :p

Any one know how i put some ones build thread on hear or how do i nominate this guys bike gooses F.CAFE BUILD

Back
Top Bottom