Rose City '69 cb350

Absolutely LOVE the exposed front fork springs. I was tryna picture it on my CB and now after seeing yours I'm seriously thinking about giving it a whirl.

The project looks awesome!

My front end is off a GL so I'll have to see whats available... :/

noodles said:
Absolutely LOVE the exposed front fork springs. I was tryna picture it on my CB and now after seeing yours I'm seriously thinking about giving it a whirl.

The project looks awesome!

My front end is off a GL so I'll have to see whats available... :/

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've always loved the look of a Triumph bobber with exposed fork springs and saw a few cafe bikes with exposed fork springs so decided to give it a whirl. I was afraid the powder coat wouldn't stay after some flex, especially after the steep hill I bombed up to catch a little air (the BMXer in me!).

Re: Rose City '69 cb350-willing to trade for bigger bike(cafe, brat, bobber)

I'm 6'4" and decided after a 70 mile ride I need something bigger. I love the cafe style but I have my rearsets as low as safely possible. I'm into the brat style as well as bobbers. I like the euro bobbers as well as american (Indian or Harley). Hit me up with pics if you have anything you'd consider trading. Vintage bikes only please. I've already been offered a new BMW and an 1965 VW Karman Ghia. I'm a punk rock greaser who rides bmx and likes rat rods and vintage motorcycles (pre 80s). My email is redemptionboss@hotmail.com

Your bike has a nice growl when revved up. Sounds good. I recently sold a bike I put a lot of work into and instantly regretted letting it go. I used the money to purchase two more project bikes, but I still wish I had the first one around to take for a spin.

RoseCityCafePunk138 said:
...I was afraid the powder coat wouldn't stay after some flex, especially after the steep hill I bombed up to catch a little air (the BMXer in me!).

Assuming it was properly cured, there should be no issue there at all. Sometimes I'll mask large open areas with aluminum foil and inevitably it gets covered in powder. Once removed, I can wad the foil up into a ball and spread it back out and only a few powders have ever cracked or flaked. (Acrylic clear, mostly)

The relatively small flexing of a spring should be no issue at all.

-Deek

UPDATE

I purchased this back last late autumn/early winter.

I'll be starting my own thread and linking back to this one. In the meantime, my Instagram is of the same name as I have here, and I'm active on reddit under the same name as well.

The bike is currently undergoing a full top-end rebuild (costing around $1,200). Pistons are going up by .050.

I don't know what the PO did to this but it got pretty messed up mechanically.

Edit: I would like to put a similar license plate bracket on. Where'd you get yours? Having trouble finding any that will work undertail. The PO put the plate on the side in a nice leg-slicing position without even a frame. Also put on a side-mounted brake light and removed all the signals. So I'm hunting down the right feel to bring them back.

Again, this is the exact bike. I may have to come down to PDX from the Seattle area. ;)

Back
Top Bottom