DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Tapered Steering Bearing Conversion & RK Racing Chain

The entire build is top shelf! I'm getting ready to start my rd build and will need some advise along the way........bravo gentlemen!!!!!!!!!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Tapered Steering Bearing Conversion & RK Racing Chain

Just read the whole thing,and this kicks serious ass.
Keep up the fantastic work! :)

I'm really excited to get this thing "back in gear". Joe and I have some great plans (and of course some unproven ideas that might or might not make the build LOL). Joe, I really appreciate the attention to detail at this critical point. The "back and forth" discussions and collaborations are what will make this thing something special when it's done!

bluesmokey74 said:
I'm really excited to get this thing "back in gear". Joe and I have some great plans (and of course some unproven ideas that might or might not make the build LOL). Joe, I really appreciate the attention to detail at this critical point. The "back and forth" discussions and collaborations are what will make this thing something special when it's done!

AMEN!

Thank You all so much for your support Brothers, it truly means a lot to me and Brother bluesmokey that you are all enjoying this build! I have always been very proud to be a member here and it has been a great honor to be able to work with several of you on your projects, I will never be able to put into words how much all of your Friendship and Brotherhood means to me. Brother bluesmokey has some really awesome plans on how he would like to finish the bike and I can not wait to see them on this build!

The kick stand could not be mounted on the center of the bottom frame rail which was the factory location on this bike as it would not clear the exhaust chambers in the folded up position and even if it would have cleared the exhaust I believe it would have been in the way of the shifter on the new rear set as well so I started testing another mounting location yesterday to see what kind of clearance we would have and after talking with Brother bluesmokey we decided this would be the best way to mount the kick stand so I improved the design and changed the mounting angle today when I welded it to the frame. I shaved the kickstand and modified the stock mount so that I could move it to the front of the bottom frame rail, there was already a factory mount towards the back of the frame rail so I added a rubber bumper on that mount so that the kick stand could rest against it when it is in the folded up position.

The mount is just lightly welded on and I am going to box part of it for additional strength when I take the bike apart for all the final welding however I thought you all may enjoy some photos of how we mounted the kick stand. The bike is also leaning over more in these photos than it will when the build is completed as we will be lowering the front end some and running lower profile tires.

Very Cool! I think once we get the suspension mods on and the low - pro tires, it'll sit perfect!

This machine is just looking better and better (not that I thought it would be anything otherwise considering the builder and the owner o the bike). I love to hear that one brothers vision is coming to light through the amazing hands of Joe! I can not talk enough about how instrumental Joe has been in getting myself and many others into some beautiful bikes! Keep up the good work and I look forward to following this through completion!!!!!!

That looks awesome brothers! Frikin butiful

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Hagon Rear Shocks!

Thank You all for your kind words! Brother Bluesmokey ordered a nice set of Hagon rear shocks and they were delivered today so I set them on the bike to test fit them and check the clearances and everything looks beautiful!

The exhaust is just sitting on the bike so the mufflers are not even in these photos however I thought it would be nice to share some photos of the new shocks on the bike!

Now that we have the shocks on the bike and I was able to make sure that we have enough clearance between the new rear frame hoop I built and the rear tire I started shaping the bottom of the tail section that we had already started building. We decided to shave close to a half inch off of the bottom on the back of the tail section so that it would be flush with the bottom of the new rear frame hoop and instead of cutting it even with the frame I started at the top shock mounting point on each side and cut the tail section from that point to the rear of the hoop so that the bottom of the tail section would have a slight upward angle and give the tail section some more shape.

Beautiful as always, Joey!

The details add up to a stunning final package.

Crazy

Can I take it for a ride as is... just one quick test ride??? Please??? Looking great Joe!

subtle difference in the tails but huge difference in overall look, the cuts make the tail look custom to the bike, vrs. generic off the shelf part. Nice work as always Joe.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Hand Built Custom Chain Guard!

Thank You all for your compliments and support Brothers, as always they mean more to us than you know!

We found a front fender design that we liked so I built a custom one a few days ago however after we completed it and bolted it on the bike we decided it was not the look we wanted, we have decided to do something different with the front end and are waiting for parts so I started building the chain guard yesterday.

Brother Bluesmokey asked me to build a small chain guard that would fit in between the rear of the frame and the shock so I started designing one yesterday however the first one I made was too square looking so I built a second one however after me and Dad looked at it on the bike we decided it was too large so I cut it down so that it would have more shape and look more race bike inspired.

After I showed the basic design to Brother Bluesmokey last night he approved and let me know that he like speed holes so we decided to cut a few in the chain guard however when I tested my hole saw on another piece of metal that was close to the same thickness as this chain guard it dented the metal so I drilled a hole in the center of where each speed hole would be and finished cutting them out by hand with a rotary grinder.

I cut down the factory front mount and built a new rear mount and welded them both to the new chain guard, the front mount bolts on in the factory location at the front of the swingarm and the rear mount bolts to a new stud that we added to the side of the swingarm.

I am still going to smooth the chain guard some more however I painted it flat black for these photos just to see what it would look like with some paint on it.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Hand Built Custom Chain Guard!

Joey, exemplary work, outstanding. I really like how it's an integrated design. I've been wondering if you have a plan to brace the swingarm? You may be able to echo the side tube frame line with an under brace on the S/A? I also see the line of your side frame tubes extending continuously, from the front down tubes to the tail end of the seat. Excuse my suggestion but your innovations invites comments.
Cheers, 50gary

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Frenched LED Tail Light!

Thank You for your Compliments Brother 50gary, they truly mean a lot to me! I had originally planned on building a brace to go under the swingarm however there is not enough room with the new race chambers so we are not going to be able to put one on this bike.

We had originally planned on side mounting the tail light on this bike however Brother bluesmokey decided that he would like to have it in the tail section so he sent me a really nice LED light. The new light came with a rubber mount however we wanted a cleaner look so I took the light out of the mount, cut a hole in the end of the tail section, and built a new fiberglass cup to house the light so that it is frenched into the end of the tail section that we had already started building.

I still have a lot of work to do on the tail section however I thought you all may enjoy getting to see how the tail light looks this evening.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Frenched LED Tail Light!

I am very happy that you all like the tail light Brothers! Some of the engine parts including the pistons, gaskets, seals, etc. are here so I am going to take the engine out of the frame so I can start building it and I also have some more frame work that I would like to do so I took some photos of the tail on the bike for you all to see before I start taking her apart.

Back
Top Bottom