Well, huh... I just might be a dumb-ass.

What? NO, that's BULLSHIT! After all that, they lost the fucking thing?

I'm sorry about that Tune-A. I'll call on Monday and see if they can find the package.

Killman77 said:
What? NO, that's BULLSHIT! After all that, they lost the fucking thing?

I'm sorry about that Tune-A. I'll call on Monday and see if they can find the package.

Went into work this morning and.... WHA LA! I forgot it was shipped the my office ???

Attachments

• IMG_20150413_084851_574.jpg
    IMG_20150413_084851_574.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 611
Well? Come on Tune-A! Let's see you with the new shirt 8)

Nope, nobody kicked in any bits or help, and I had to take on another job to cover the bills while the girlfriend is on sick leave. No time to sleep, let alone try to bring an old dirt bike back to life. Bummer, it was an exciting idea.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. I never seen any posts about a lack of parts... in fact I asked a few times what was needed and for a list even.

Bull Shit.

Tune-A, I'm gonna try and assume that's sarcasm, 'cause I'm getting about 4 hrs. of sleep a night nowadays and I'm not seeing the fucking humour. If you're not seeing more posts from me, it's because I'm working my fucking ass off trying to keep the fucking lights on.

I took a quick look back in this thread, and sure enough, I posted about needing bits way back in Feb. I was pretty specific about a few things, even showed a picture of the bike. A few folks mentioned bits, but nothing came of it, a couple more offered to help get another project bike over here, but this one got donated from a local.

If I can ever get more than a couple of mins., of my life back at a time, maybe I'll go and lay down next to it for a while, it's nice and cool in there.

Fuck me. Fuck this. Fuck off.

My offer for that VM26 is still there, it isn't in the best shape but at least it is better than nothing.

Brodie that would be awesome, you can reach me at eviloverlord@killmancustoms.com

Tune-A, I'd like to apologize for biting your head off, I remember you offering to put your shirt money towards parts and it was one of the classier moves I've seen in a while, you just really hit a nerve.

The original plan was to give Isaac his bike at one of the local shows on July 26th. Life's been kicking my ass, and not only have I not gotten to work on his present, but I haven't been able to finish putting my daily back together either. My van has turned into a limping reject from the boneyard. Head gasket, tranny, clutch and heater core have all either shit the bed, or are seriously pondering whether they want to keep existing or just explode into space.
The little lady was stuck at a really shitty job and about 2 seconds from a breakdown. So I took a full-time accounting job again, (to give her a chance to start her own business). In addition to trying, (and not doing very well) to keep my little business active. Working about 15-ish hours a day weekdays and not really getting weekends. It's taking a toll, I just don't have any time for anything, like sleep, and it's making me brittle. I haven't been posting much of anything, anywhere, for a while now, and it's not because I'm drinking pina coladas and banging bush bitches with Eddie Murphy.

So, publicly, I'm sorry for snapping, but the implication that I was screwing over a little kid out of laziness had me breathing fire. At least it got me awake on my way out the door this morning. With any luck, I start to make some cash at the rallies we'll be vending at in July and August and I can get a breather and get my shit together. Pardon the verbal diarrhea, carry on gentlemen.

It's the Manager in me, I either motivate with tough words or start feeding rope, I knew you would respond with motivation... after you blew up ;). Fact is I owe you the apology. I had a commercial construction company for a lot of years and it hardened my soul I think.

I think now that that's out of the way it's a good segue into how we can pick up the pieces and move forward with the build. So you don't have time today or in a week and not real sure when, but at some point you will get your shit together and be ready. Motivated people never stay down long man. While you work through it, maybe take 30 minutes when you can find them and put up a wish list, I bet by end of summer you can have a scooter to pass off to the kid.... Even if I have to build it here and send it in boxes of parts. I actually have a 50 that Guy Cooper built for Travis Pastrana with # 000000001 on the neck and has been sitting for a bunch of years now, thing has all the Pastrana #'s and sponsor graphics still on it too... hell Ill go take a pic, it's a trail 70 motor I just need a crank to make it go.

Whatever goes down, I can help with "stuff" just nee to know what specifically. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20150604_212913479.jpg
    IMG_20150604_212913479.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 263
I havent kept up with this thread ,but when you get a chance post up a consize list of parts you need for the kids bike i will donate if i have anything you can use ;)

I was going to post something about being sorry for opening an old post that stirred the pot, but then I saw everyone 'kiss and make up' :p Kill, your intentions started off well with doing this whole t-shirt thing in the first place, we understand life happens. It's those that get their shit back together when we get bucked off the saddle, whatever that may be. With that said, I do not have many parts for smaller bikes, but what I can do is this:
I am sure you have some shirts left over, right? I am pretty connected in the bike/hot rod clubs in the area. Sell me the shirts at half of what you paid for them. I will put them in silent auctions, with the story that goes behind it....raising money for a young man...then I send you ALL of the proceeds, minus the cost of the stamp. Spend said proceeds on the parts for the build. Let me know either way.

Not quite awake yet, but it's been too long and I've gotta get moving, so I needed to get something up here. Sorry that this is mostly copied from an email to Brodie, but I haven't got coffee yet.

You guys rock.

Turns out that I've got a carb, just not sure about the internals yet.

I saw your guys' posts and they were awesome. I'm going to try to give the bike a good once-over and post a list this week. So far I can see that it'll need a chain and sprockets, front tire, battery, lights and a complete rewire, (right now it's a Home Depot special).

Thanks again, I'll get something up as soon as I can.

I just found this thread. I'll be buying a shirt or two through your website within a few days. And while I don't normally do anything with the bike you're talking about building, I'll be happy to kick in any parts that I have that might work.

Talking about doing nice things for people, ahhhhhh, feels good doesn't it? And so much easier than actually doing it!

It takes about three days to completely rebuild a mini bike.

Maybe this time, you should consider less talking and more doing. Everyone has problems, yours are not special.

I dont post much here due to a sensitive crowd(likely demonstrated after this post) but put me on your list of people to pm once you have a hard list of what you need. I will send something immediately, and it better get used, not talked about.

Its easier said than done i had an entire mini bike to give away free after shippin to canada it would have been the most expensive mini bike on earth...so yea just send him a a motor that works with a carb thats good ....and ill have ichiban send over a shoe horn kit so it fits perfectly in the dirtbike chassis

DesmoBro said:
Its easier said than done
My point exactly. So unless you're gonna do it, how bout ya stop talk in' about it.

It sounds like it would a been easier for the "bike builders" here to just pool some money and buy the kid a running dirtbike.

Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom