What was your worst speeding ticket?

been pulled twice (many years apart) for 100mph in 35 zone

first time was on a hot vespa and even i couldn't believe the cop, i knew i was going quick (well over 60) but 100....thats ludicrous. turned out he was on admin/office cop and didn't have the ticket book in the car, he was just on his way to another station, he let me off with a serious telling off. i was torn between relief at getting away with it and wanting a ticket to prove my vespa was that quick.....

years later on my 750 honda (by that stage 836'd, cam, carbs, race pipe etc) i had a car try to play tag a couple of times so i just opened the throttle wide and leftg him for dead in traffic, unfortunately i did this whilst going past a cop shop where two of the bacon brigade were just getting into their car. they gave chase and clocked me at over 100mph. when they finally caught me, i'd already slowed down and didn't know they'd seen me back down the road. naturally they didn't believe my story of doing a runner from a cockhead in a car and proceed to give me a right good telling off. they're just getting ready to start writing tickets (speeding, unroadworthy, illegally registered in another state, noise pollution etc etc) when the bike rolled off its side stand and smashed the alternator case against the kerb and dumped a whole load of oil out through the hole. the cops were highly aamused ny this. they then got a call for all available units to something urgent somewhere else....still laughing they got back in the car and left me there
i rode it a couple of hundred yards to my mates place (leaning it way over to the right to keep the oil in) and epoxy glued the hole up the next day. the glue was still holding 10 years later when i sold it.

fastest speed on the streets?....a few times i've clocked just over 150mph

and a few months ago i got my partners cousins parents to say ok for the cousin (15 yo) to go on the back of the Vmax (just round the block you understand) we hit somewhere around 125mph on the freeway on ramp...he was still shaking when we got home 15 minutes later (after solemnly promising never to tell the parents). he still reckons it was probably the coolest thing he's ever done, and of course he can't wait to get his own bike now, another convert made

78 when the limit was 55 on the freeways in So Cal.
You may say that not much but the weekend before that I was heading to the river going 130 in my 75 GMC van broke the speedo cable so I think I was going faster maybe >:)

86 in a 55, several years ago on a VF1000R. It would've been much worse had the Trooper clocked me a few miles back. I was coasting down after the Porsche I was "slicing and dicing" mild traffic with hit the offramp.

Mine was somewhere between 115 - 120kmh in a 40kmh on ramp from Downtown Toronto onto the Don Valley Parkway. There were 2 older folks in some buicks side by side at the lights before the off ramp and 1 lane that was open but ended just after the intersection, and I had a Rabbit GTI that I did some headwork, exhaust and suspension on. So light goes green, I gunn it and just kept the peddle to the floor and one eye on the tach as I shift. Well, I didn't know that the moron would be standing in the lane with a radar gun as I came around the bend of the on ramp ( I swear to this day that I could see him lip the words "we got this fukr" to his partner in the car". So brakes and panic down shifting bring me to a halt in front of him, he screams at me to pull onto the shoulder and then comes the " I clocked over 110 and that means a summons to court for you with an automatic 30 day suspension".................So I gave him a sob story of work and needing a car because it was a long haul, he dropped it down so that it was a ticket for $400 and lots of points lost

The fastest I have driven here on our highways was 250 kmh in a 911 that I had serviced when I turned a wrench for a living, didn't plan on going that fast but a red Viper had pulled up side me and gave me the nod and took off, and I took off after him. We ended up on the same off ramp side by side at a red light, he looks over and says that was fun, waves and drives off in the opposite direction

Thats my best so far

The highways where I was "endangering the public" at 80ish, now have a speed limit of 75. Nobody even blinks an eye at the speeds I was going. ::)

Well, the ones I was caught at anyway. :p

Pulled over 97 in a 70 in my slightly modded 240sx. Headed back from visiting the then girlfriend/now wife down in Orlando at college. Sunday night, about 10:30, 2 cars on the road, me and a Dodge Magnum. Cruising at about 115 (just below the 118 fuel cutoff). I slowed a bit as we got into the county just south of mine since I knew the cops there were sticklers. I didn't slow down fast enough. He was getting on the onramp, paced me for a mile, then lit me up. I'm always polite and respectful with cops, can't hurt, so he let me go with a 9 over ticket. No points, no jail, no impound, no driving class. Just paid the 140$ and have a nice day. He said he was getting off shift in a half hour and didn't want to do the paperwork, lol. Never been pulled over on a bike though, hopefully I'll keep it that way.

35 in a 30 zone on Christmas eve. After driving 7 hours from bro's house in Memphis. 10 miles from my home.

I was 16.

just remembered my last 2 tickets - 51kmh in a 50 zone and 43kmh in a 40 zone.........feckin cameras

36 years ago, let's just say I wasn't the out standing citizen I am today. I was riding with a buddy, we had just made a run to the valley to get party favors. I had a key of smoke, an ounce of coke and a .357 in my waist band, doing well over 100 m.p.h. on my Triumph, yes a Triumph, when the red and blinky's lit my mirrors. We pull over and I hear "God damn it Bill, I told you to keep it under 80"!!! It was a cop I played poker with a few years before drug testing. We talked a few minutes and I walked back to my bike. My buddy literally pissed himself thinking we were going to prison...

ApriliaBill said:
36 years ago, let's just say I wasn't the out standing citizen I am today. I was riding with a buddy, we had just made a run to the valley to get party favors. I had a key of smoke, an ounce of coke and a .357 in my waist band, doing well over 100 m.p.h. on my Triumph, yes a Triumph, when the red and blinky's lit my mirrors. We pull over and I hear "God damn it Bill, I told you to keep it under 80"!!! It was a cop I played poker with a few years before drug testing. We talked a few minutes and I walked back to my bike. My buddy literally pissed himself thinking we were going to prison...
ah the good old days.... on a different planet

Lol. True starement. I'm still young (26), and trying to cut all the bad stuff out. No drugs, never have, but I did enjoy getting a six figure paycheck for baseball when I was 19. U bought a lot of booze and cigars.

Bought a new ZX7 years ago. After the break-in, promptly took it up to 165 between Needles and Barstow (CA). They didn't get me that day, but a week later I was merging onto the 5 near O'Side, got caught doing 95 in a 65, that ticket was $$$$$.

Back
Top Bottom