CB750 Brat bobber Imitation, CRD Inspired

Thanks for the comments guys.

I took ages umming and ahhing over the logo. I didnt just want the honda wings logo so went for something completly different. I suspect that having it cnc'ed would of of been too expensive.

Damn this is an impressive build. I hope to emulate the cleanliness of your wiring! That paint is killer.

Great build notlob!

Out of curiosity, where did you acquire the rear fender? I am toying with rear fender ideas for my bike and do like your setup!

mothgils said:
Great build notlob!

Out of curiosity, where did you acquire the rear fender? I am toying with rear fender ideas for my bike and do like your setup!

Its a standard aluminium 4" wide x 19" fender cut down in length. I got mine on ebay in the UK, I'm sure they are easy to get hold of over there.

I really like the re-wiring job, Thinking about tackling that job on my CL175. Did you source those plastic connectors online? Really tidy... I love it! I always enjoy a good DOHC build!

Dirty Dan said:
I really like the re-wiring job, Thinking about tackling that job on my CL175. Did you source those plastic connectors online? Really tidy... I love it! I always enjoy a good DOHC build!
I got the connectors on ebay, from a Hong Kong seller. One word of warning though, If you have to trouble shoot to find a fault they are a real pain in the arse as you cant get a test lead in there without ruining the seal. To be honest I dont think I would use them again except for a location where they would need to be waterproof.

I love this build! Nice job man! were the gsxr carbs a straight fit or did you have to fab up some sort of special connection?

jP!ll said:
I love this build! Nice job man! were the gsxr carbs a straight fit or did you have to fab up some sort of special connection?

You can fit them using the 1,1 4,4 boots off the CB. I used the boots off a Suzuki 1980-82 GS1000

Didas42 said:
Did you do 4.50x19 on the front and 4.00x18 on the rear? How's it handle?

No, 4.00x19 front and 4.50x18 rear
Handling was ok, but with those type of tyres dont expect to be dragging the footpegs

Ahh ok. Much like yourself I'm in love with CRD's bikes. I was wondering how that tire size worked out. I think they use the sizes I stated on all their CB's. Seeing yours with that "smaller" size doesn't make a difference to me.

Didas42 said:
Ahh ok. Much like yourself I'm in love with CRD's bikes. I was wondering how that tire size worked out. I think they use the sizes I stated on all their CB's. Seeing yours with that "smaller" size doesn't make a difference to me.

CRD used 4.00x19 and 4.50x18 on all except #2 which had 4.00x18 front

Hmm I must've read it wrong. Not that it's easy to read their site or anything. Google translate can only do so much. Thanks for clarifying that though. I would've ordered the wrong size. :eek:

njcafe84 said:
Where did you get that tail light in black? Ive only been able to find it in chrome...did you paint it?

Here
http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/headlights-rear-lights-and-indicators-2-c.asp

I have seen them on ebay as well

Back
Top Bottom