Price, is it worth it? Not sure if this is the right forum for this.

Modwheel

The price on used 60-80s bikes here seems to be pretty high on average in my area. I'm not sure if that is because people expect to make a lot off of the cafe racing craze. Anyhow I wanted to know if I'm about to way over pay for a bike or not. I haven't been to ride it yet. The owner says it is in excellent condition. He wanted 1950 for it, and as soon as I messaged him referencing pricing for the bike he said the lowest he could possibly do was 1500. It is a kz440. Going by the dollar a cc I'm way over paying, but I was just curious how often you really get that price?

I've included some pictures from the sellers craiglist. It has about 8k miles. He put new Shinko 705 tires on it, LED tail and blinkers, digital speedo/tach, and it was converted to chain drive.
He has all of the stock parts to go with the bike as well.

I'm pretty sold on it to be honest, but I thought I would ask because I enjoy other's opinions.

Attachments

• Kz440 for sale.jpg
    Kz440 for sale.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Kz440 for sale2.jpg
    Kz440 for sale2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Kz440 for sale3.jpg
    Kz440 for sale3.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 163
Converted to chain drive? I thought all KZ440's were chain drive? Either way, here is my uneducated opinion: unless there was some MAJOR engineering done on that single sided shock....... stay far away from that bike.

i think they were belt drive
anyway the fact that he needed room for the pipes to be tucked in, so fuck it lets just make it a monoshock
THAT is hilarious the ignorant fuck needs to have his hands chopped off
try to find something that is not a molested, late term abortion

AHAHAHA So funny what you miss when you're not looking for it, and too eager to buy something. Thanks for pointing out the fact that it only had one shock on the bike. It didn't even register that that was what he had done to it. Well at least I don't have to worry about making that hour trip.

I guess lesson learned. Look at pictures blown up instead of on your little smart phone screen. I had shown the pictures to like 5 different people and no one else had said anything about that shock either.

I'd offer him 80% of whatever the scrap value is for the metal.

That is one dead bike. The frame is likely tweaked from the single sided monoshock nonsense.

If someone does that to a bike you can't trust anything they do. Run don't walk away.

What kind of bike do you want to end up with?

Back
Top Bottom