Rear Set Link Rods & Rod End Bearings

locOleoN

Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
Anyone know where I can go to get 6mm Link Rods in defferent lenghts and Rod End Bearings on line?

I saw, (and made sticky), the "Rod-End Galore" post by Tintin, but i was wondering if there is any other place local in TO that I can just visit and bring what I have to find what I dont have for fitment.

I just need some odds & ends to make the linkages on my rear sets work.

I hate ordering this kind of stuff online only to find that I ordered the wrong size, or whatever...

Hey Noel, when you contact them I've got some bits I need too. Might be better to combine the purchase. Let me know when you plan on ordering.

Tintin said:
Hey Noel, when you contact them I've got some bits I need too. Might be better to combine the purchase. Let me know when you plan on ordering.

Aw shit dude!!...
I ordered it already a few days ago...it was $17 to ship to Toronto or $5 in the US for just the rod. So I had them send it to my sisters place in Baltimore so that she can bring it over next weekend...

Sorry dude!!.. I didnt know that you wanted something.
You can order something and have it shipped to my sister if you want. I just had to make a quick decision just to ensure that it get to her before next friday!!

I meant the guy in Mississauga - not the Omars stuff (although I would have gotten in on that too). Did you ask Omars if they would sell just the part that goes on the rear brake spindle?

Tintin said:
I meant the guy in Mississauga - not the Omars stuff (although I would have gotten in on that too). Did you ask Omars if they would sell just the part that goes on the rear brake spindle?

Yeah, they sell all the individual pieces but they were WAY TOO EXPENSIVE..$33 for just one of the ends..crazy..
I just needed the link rod so I didnt bother getting the ends!!..

??? What are the functions of the rod end bearings and link rods?!
I used a simple rod and bent it on both sides at 90 degrees.

simplerd2.jpg

Gordon said:

simplerd2.jpg

BHAHAHAH.. Holy shit... why didnt I think of that..??!!!... LOL!!!....
absolutely that would work...then you could just thread the ends of the rod and put a stop nut on it!!.. GEEZZZZZ...To simple...

Gordon said:

simplerd2.jpg

A proper link rod will have an adjustment barrel to lengthen or shorten the rod.

xs650joe said:
Some of you may already be familiar with this webpage but...try this link http://www.mcmaster.com/ these guys have a ton of stuff (seat foam/bulk metals/bearings) for your fabrication needs. For the rearset parts look under "power transmission" and "rod ends and joint linkages". Then just search for the sizes you need.

Joe
SBRacing
l_a96210d72869c5451829456a02acdb0e.jpg

http://groups.google.com/group/co-ohvinmoto

WOW... Now thats one hell of a site...
Thanks of this post JOe!!

A proper link rod will have an adjustment barrel to lengthen or shorten the rod.

??? Yes, but why would you want to do that?! Take proper measurements and cut a simple plain rod according to the length.

Anyways, I've been searching for these rod ends and rods all over the place and found just one dealer. Which one do I have to use from these?! Attached their website catalog link:

http://www.vardhmanbearings.com/rod_end_bearings.htm

Back
Top Bottom