My rear sets - these are sweet!!

MBS

Live, breath, sleep HONDA!
Ok guys, I am new to this posting stuff so bear with me. I decided to convert my 73 CB 750K to a cafe. This is the 4th build I have done to date over the last 5 years. To start I assembled the bike to get an idea of what direction I want it to go in as far as the look. (I don't know how to insert a pic from my hard drive between the img tags, so they are attachments) Then I hacked off the passenger peg mounts, sand blasted the frame and primed it. I also cleaned up the areas I cut. Next I had some welding help from a friend and we installed some reinforcements and mounting plates for my rear sets. The rear sets are from a modern sport bike, not sure what model. I found them in my uncle's shop, but regardless these look wicked cool. As my build goes on I am finding different ways of modifying things and it just gets better and better - and more complicated!! Still TONs of fun! The first 4 pics are attached. I will attach more on the next post.

I am not sure who manufactured it. Its made of a type of plastic or PVC of some kind. Definitely not home made, its an after market tank that was on my father-in-law's CB 160 Cafe racer he built 30 something years ago. The bike sat in his garage up until he gave it to me. The motor was shot and by todays standards a 160 cc bike is not practical for the highways. So I kept some key parts and Ebayed the rest. It is a cool tank though. I have custom decals I made for it and I mocked up the stripe on the tank when I was dry fitting the bike together for concept. Anyhow thats the short version.

locO leoN said:
nice... What tank is that?

Back
Top Bottom