kz400 piston rings

Shermanator86

Big guy on a little bike
So I've been looking for rings for about two months now and have come up with nothing, anyone know where I could get some? I know there are other options like using pistons/rings from other bikes and modifying them to work but I planning on selling the bike after this year to buy a bigger bike so I don't really want to put that big of investment in it. The bike runs good on the right cylinder but the left has lower compression and burns oil off and on so I believe its the rings

ck ebay, then hastings (usa)...you should be able to put a set together .........joe@vcycle

well this past weekend I picked up a 440 top end with good pistons and rings so thats solved the ring issue for now. and I'm thinking I probably going to hang on to the bike for awhile now and put some time in it this winter and make her more than just a 50 footer

There is a thread on kz twin owners about gs 550 piston and rings. But the 440 swap is possible, i think new liners are needed though.

reelinfeele said:
There is a thread on kz twin owners about gs 550 piston and rings. But the 440 swap is possible, i think new liners are needed though.
yea I'm on the twin owners fourm as well, I got 440 cylinders with the top end and have been told that they just swap in place of the stockers

Back
Top Bottom