BMW R90/6.. TAT G/S Tribute

It's very common to strip them, which sounds like what could be going on. You shouldn't be torquing them this much.

irk miller said:
It's very common to strip them, which sounds like what could be going on. You shouldn't be torquing them this much.

they don't feel stripped. the last torque (while I had it apart to check them) they were almost dead on (only about 3 nm low). I should be good to go at this point. Ill likely pull the covers off after another 1000 miles or so just to check, but all seemed well including the dgr. To be honest, having access to a high end torque wrench probably made me more paranoid than I should. I borrowed my buddies snapon wrench that shows digitally where the torque is when it starts to move and then buzzed, lights up and beeps when you hit the pre set torque. Plus shows the actual torque if you go past

Took the bike down to Barber this year, and Tim hooked me up with an awesome stock seat. Over the king queen set up it made all the difference in the world in my opinion. Fairly comfy to boot.

7a46da0d9305f689784184b75a86288e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes! That stocker seat looks great and very appropriate for the bike. Much better than the king n queen or the "Kim Kardashian Special' solo seat you got. ;) :D

Actually, it was the Levi and E love seat. It got lots of mileage, if you know what I mean, har har har.

irk miller said:
Actually, it was the Levi and E love seat. It got lots of mileage, if you know what I mean, har har har.

at least he had a full face helmet on. Hopefully people just thought I had a flat chested hairy armed woman on the back....

What do you do when your wife wants limited run candy bars from the Rugrats TV show, and the only place that has them is an hour and a half away? You jump on your BMW and you go get them.

It's funny, less than a week after kanticoy hooked me up with an awesome Wixom trunk, I stopped in at the guy's house that I bought the bike from and he has this one that he forgot to give me when I bought it.

I have to say, I have been pleasantly surprised with this old bike. This is the first vintage machine I've owned that I don't hesitate to jump on it and ride it pretty much wherever. I think she just may be a keeper.

22eb61be371b8a5c4370d0e4ee916fe0.jpg
9efe3809ec3a341f6bb0eee52b56a6a5.jpg

irk miller said:
I could use a Wixom trunk. Just sayin'.
You got it dude. I'll hook you up with one or the other
9b0bd7c62862d02146d5d829094bdd8f.jpg

The Old Beamer turned over 90,000 miles today. Made a nice little 170 mile Loop through some beautiful fall countryside.
30e8ab4bb15b57af64b6edf8d725363c.jpg

https://youtu.be/ggzYO4q-kYY

The trusty old airhead ushered my into my first ride of 2018. Sanded the points, squirted a little boom juice down the spark plug hole and away she went. I really do love this old steed.
7733b78f4ca120d09924cef282f7991a.jpg

Never sell it and ride it often. They seem to really enjoy riding in the rain.

I had mine out on Sunday. Was about 10 celsius and sunny. Awesome day for the first ride of 2018.

Tim said:
Never sell it and ride it often. They seem to really enjoy riding in the rain.

I had mine out on Sunday. Was about 10 celsius and sunny. Awesome day for the first ride of 2018.

Ive had it up for sale, and when I got a few calls about it I got pretty bummed, so I pulled the post. There's been times I could have used the money, but in the end, I would rather have the bike than the amount of cash that I can get for it.

I hope its good in the rain. it was about 40 deg. f this morning, so I fired her up and rode to work, then checked the weather when I got here. There is a pretty good chance of her getting a little wet on the ride home. I have my rain gear too though. And I threw all the tools I need to sand the points in the tool box if need be. Irk is hooking me up with one of those fancy points doohickeys to make the points not corrode. Something is definitely amiss, thinking condenser, as I have to sand the points about every time that it sits more than a day.
2ca66a0d129f62876975e03e4a97909f.jpg

Great looking ride my man, fills that parking space proudly

Can't wait to get Rhonda back on the road - no (legal) road riding allowed here in Quebec until mid March. Weather's unseasonably warm here right now but the wife says we're in for some cold stuff so all bets are off.

The Jimbonaut said:
Great looking ride my man, fills that parking space proudly

Can't wait to get Rhonda back on the road - no (legal) road riding allowed here in Quebec until mid March. Weather's unseasonably warm here right now but the wife says we're in for some cold stuff so all bets are off.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that they had a bike ban in the winter months there.

I hadn't tricked myself into thinking that were out of the cold weather yet. This may just be an indian summer. We've had snow on Easter here before, so were far from out of the woods yet on winter. The only reason I rode today was the fact that we had 3 days of rain to get the salt off the road. We have had warm days before where you could have rode, but the salt is so thick you don't want to spray it all over your machine.

Back
Top Bottom