CB360 Cafe Project

1976cb356

Twins FTW
Hello Im Bryce. I bought my cb360 for $200 last winter. I am now getting it ready for paint, BRG? tell me what you think. thanks
I got the before pic on here now, I remove some stuff before I took pics though.

Attachments

• CAFE.jpg
    CAFE.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 444
  • before bike.jpg
    before bike.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 407
These are pics of me when I was getting it ready for paint after the mock up stage.

Attachments

• frame prep 1.jpg
    frame prep 1.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 442
Thanks, I think I recently decided on painting it British racing Green, but that might change again ::) . I want to paint it red, maroon, or a dark orange, but I've seen a lot like that. I want to eventually get 2 into 1 exhaust, cone air filters, etc.

Thanks, I dont have the original pics on here yet(cant find them :( ), since the computer I had all the pics on got fried. But should be getting them soon.

Painted my frame glossy enamal black.

Attachments

• frame black.jpg
    frame black.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 427
  • frame black 2.jpg
    frame black 2.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 434
finished drilling my rotor, once I got it down didn't take that long to finish (probably one hour and 30 mins).

Attachments

• rotor drilled.jpg
    rotor drilled.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 447
Thanks Pete.

I haven't chamfered the holes in my rotor yet, hopefully I will eventually, just dont a chamfering drill bit. Is it a problem if I don't do it? Just eats my brake pads faster right? thanks

1976cb356 said:
Thanks Pete.

I haven't chamfered the holes in my rotor yet, hopefully I will eventually, just dont a chamfering drill bit. Is it a problem if I don't do it? Just eats my brake pads faster right? thanks

I believe it also puts heat stress on a 90 degree corner, with chamfered 45 degrees the heat spread between two edges.
Heres a good explanation.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/1333050-drilled-slotted-brake-rotors-benefit-of-chamfered-over-non-chamfered-holes.html

I mocked up my swing arm after I wire brush the paint/rust off. If you notice I drilled my rear drum/Hub. I might have gotten alittle drill press happy, but I like how it looks so far. I was going to do the brass netting thing on the rear hub, but I guess I save that for the sproket cover. ;D

Attachments

• Drilled drum 2.jpg
    Drilled drum 2.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 378
  • drilled drum.jpg
    drilled drum.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 427
Wow man, I really dig the hub. The alternating small/large holes make it look pretty trick.

-jordan

Thanks Jordan, I still have to drill a lot more, hopefully I dont over kill it, but it should look good no matter what when I polish it ;D .

Took apart my Tach today, would have done the speedo, but one of the screws striped :mad: . I am getting in the mail some guage overlays from a CJ360, I think they look cooler and more retro. Taking the guage apart was easier than I thought, and I thought prying on that ring would make it bend and look like crap. I plann on putting some LEDs in, looks better and better for a small battery. And sorry for the off focus pics, looked good on the camera, too late now.

Attachments

• guages.jpg
    guages.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 339
  • guages 2.jpg
    guages 2.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 359
  • guage 3.jpg
    guage 3.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 336
  • guages 4.jpg
    guages 4.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 346
index.php

While you are in there, check the drum right under the spring for grease on it. They are supposed to be CLEAN but after sitting for years the grease they stuck up higher will fall down and get stuck on the drum which will stick in between it and the little shield thing that sorta covers it. Clean it off and it will rise and fall as it should, not slow or not at all.

That is the main cause of sticky gauges, when I did the faces on mine I cleaned the shit out of them before I put them back together.

20110401173415.jpg

Looks pretty good if I do say so myself ;D

Back
Top Bottom