seeking opinions on rear light mounting

XsjadoTwin

Been Around the Block
I know the final decision lies on me but coming from an art background there is nothing ng better than some constructive criticism because during the design process one tends to be fixated on an overall look and have the blinders on. but when it comes down to it the devil really IS in the details.

So what I have to bring to the table is 2 possible solutions to my rear turn/brake/running light set up.

I purchased a 3in1 LED flex light bar from Raidentz (a few people recommended that company for led lighting and ive seen the product first hand and liked the look/output of the lights) so I ordered an approx 10" flex bar with and 85LED array for all of my rear lighting.

Solution 1 : mount the lights jut below the base of the cowl following the curve

Solution 2: cutting a small notch in the seat cowl and mounting the light from the inside facing out. And use candy paint to hide the light when it's not illuminated. (A trick I picked up following my father around to a few bagger shows)

Option 2 is a little more time/labor intensive but I would end up with a flush/"invisible" rear light system.

Option 1 involves a little less work but an little more fabrication (in that in would have to fab some metal tabs to mount the light to and epoxy those mounts to the fiberglass cowl in order to keep the same radius as the cowl)

Option 2 would integrate the led flex light directly into the tail section. This would require dremmeling a thin slot from the cowl and using the same metal tab/epoxy mounting method as #1 but would result in more bondo/body glaze to make it all seamless and flush. As well as another light layer or 2 of paint to hide the light during the day.

Any comments/opinions/suggestions are appreciated. Like I said I do appreciate constructive criticism

If you're trying to get us to talk you out of doing the one that will be harder and look better, we're not going to. Just saying.

Option 2 sounds pretty bad-ass to me. If I were you, if I went with option 1 I'd always be thinking about how option 2 would looks better....but then I hate to compromise.. :)

Also I want to copy this and I want you to show me how so please go ahead...

French it in. Nothing worse than dorky looking lights (like the stock taillight on my daily rider, I shudder every time I see it).

Back
Top Bottom