Arai helmet fit

krafty

Dyslexics of the World - Untie!
So Thursday I made the mistake of trying on an Arai RX-Q just for giggles as I was browsing the local BMW motorcycle dealer. The damn thing fit me even better than the Shoei RF-1200 I was just about to buy. Damn damn damn. Seriously though, as much as I liked the Shoei, the Arai was even more comfortable and did a better job of not screwing with my glasses.

To that end I need to find out if the Vector 2 has the same fit as the RX-Q. Anyone familiar enough with these to tell me if they're close? The Vector 2 is roughly the same price as the RF-1200, but the RX-Q is going to require about another $100 worth of begging to she-who-must-be-obeyed. There's always the "It's the best helmet I've found, isn't my head worth it?" argument, but she's already eyeballing my bike and wondering if a divorce lawyer wouldn't be cheaper...

So if I can save the money and get the same fit out of the Vector 2, great. If not, time to start doing extra yardwork to soften the blow.

Well I don't know about Shoei but Arai makes different shapes for each type of head. They make them for round, oval, long oval and etc. Thats why I wear a 600.00 dollar helmet lol The profile now the signet are what fit me!! You might figure out your head shape and take it from there!

I just bought an Arai vector 2 a couple days ago. A rai has 3 different helmet shapes, a round oval, an intermediate oval, and a long oval. The RX-Q is a round oval and the Vector 2 is an intermediate oval. So they will NOT fit the same. Since the round oval fits you well, check out Arai's website for a list of their other round oval shapes that are a little less expensive.

Each model of Arai is designed for different shaped heads. They will not all fit the same. Go to their website. Since you have found one that fits, use that to see what other models may as well. You can also customize the fit even more with diff. cheek pad sizes.

http://www.araiamericas.com/#/home

I bought my first Arai in 1984- only lid I'll wear.

Just bought a RX-Q yesterday. ;) I love the Arai models as well. The old Vector (medium) was my last helmet and a the same size RX-Q fits me pretty much the same. My noggin' must be an in between shape!! :eek: ;D

(it helps to know the shop owner, 5% over cost ;) )

Big fan of the "frost black" dark tint visor combo too! 8)

That's almost exactly what I would like to get! I checked their website and both the Vector 2 and RX-Q are listed as intermediate oval. I may order the Vector and see how it fits and swap up if I don't like it, since I know I like the RX-Q.

I too LOVE the Arai RX-Q, but couldn't swing the $ for my last lid. I bought a Scorpion EXO-700, the same fit (and easier shield changes) for half the price. (IF you can still find one)

Back
Top Bottom