Lets see your goggles/visors

Goggles Pizano

Figured this was appropriate since a lot of the vintage riders are going with a the old school bubble visors or goggles.

Anyway, just picked up a set of Halcyon goggles from across the pond. I've been looking for a nice set of vintage look goggles but was very displeased with the variety here in the states and the flimsy quality of the ones that were available. Plus, the shops that do carry Halcyon mark them way up.

So, on to the pics...

goggles1.jpg

goggles2.jpg

I went with the all black mark 6 racing version with the curved lenses as I figured the split lens would drive me crazy in my peripheral vision. In case anybody is interested, the cheapest place I could find them was here: http://classicpartsltd.com/goggles/classic-goggles/halcyon-goggles.html

They were about $50 shipped to the US for the Mark 6.

Oh, and they're going on my Bell if anybody is wondering:

bell2.jpg

Here's a pic of my new Bell 500 with a smoke visor.

Bookcase002.jpg

Here's an old bucket with the Halcyon goggles.

Bookcase003.jpg

I'm not really into wearing open face lids. I prefer the full coverage style, but I might hafta try the Bell sometime this season! 8)

dcwp said:
Why would you ruin a perfectly good flake helmet by writing Drewski all over it?

bahahahah!!...

Cuz that's the only way he'd but it!!.. ;D

dcwp said:
Why would you ruin a perfectly good flake helmet by writing Drewski all over it?

Oh man, that's harsh!! :eek: :eek: ;)

Mildly funny, but still harsh. :( ;)

locO leoN said:
bahahahah!!...

Cuz that's the only way he'd but it!!.. ;D

Actually, it's YOUR style to splash your "name" all over your lids!! :eek: My style is much more understated! ;) ;D

Actually Noel, I'm still mildly miffed that you sold the green one out from under me!! :mad: You owe me on that one!! :) It's gonna cost ya bud!! ;D

Drewski said:
Actually Noel, I'm still mildly miffed that you sold the green one out from under me!! :mad: You owe me on that one!! :) It's gonna cost ya bud!! ;D

AWww mann... Im sorry dude. I know.. I know.. I owe one for that.. Just think of it, you made some poor guy really happy with that helmet!!..

Tell you what.. I can make make it up to you with a Blue Metal Flake helmet.. you have a blue bike no?...
or I could make you really happy with this kick ass jacket: ;D
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=16191.0

I could have the "BSA" patches removed and replaced with "Drewski" instead !! ;D

I have a pair of Italian ones very similar shape to the Halycon but in stainless steel/leather with multiple stainless steel springs instead of elastic strap.
(the springs have a nylon cover, don't know how to explain it, 'rouched'?)
Triplex glass safety lenses.
Problem is, I can't find them.
I'll get my brother to look for them

PJ

Re: Lets see your goggles/visors - how about Russian paratrooper

they even came on the original box! Army Surplus., real felt seals and rubber, brass etc, ;laminated glass. very retro cool with a hint of ugliness. or beauty depeneding on how you see them....

Attachments

• goggles 5.jpg
    goggles 5.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 248
Anybody out there with goggles have script glasses they have to wear all the time? I'm lik'n those Halycons but wonder how well they'd go over glasses??

jmaddengross

If you ever want to drop some serious money on vintage eyewear, check this guy's ebay offerings. They are usually pretty pricey, but such nice pieces. They may not fit the classic Cafe Racer google look, and I am not sure who wears around town, but again nice eyewear.

I was watching a very nice rose colored lense pair, they looked perfect and I was curoius how much they would go for. $561.00! Ouch, a bit out of my price league for specs but I could see some Celeb or Elton John wearing them.

Anyway, the name at them top of my reply is the Ebay user name and there are usually several listings.

Back
Top Bottom