SCORE!!... Vintage Manx Leathers Jacket!!... Damn!!...

locOleoN

Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
DAmn.. I've been wanting one of these for a long time!!..

Manx Leathers - each piece is hand made at a small shop right on the Isle of Mann by Alan Taylor himself since 1979
http://homepages.manx.net/manxleathers/mlpage1.htm

scored it from a local ex-racer who used to ride the isle yearly!

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

These jackets are going for big bucks on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Retro-Rare-Handmade-Manx-Leather-Bike-Jacket-/270656801165?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Clothing&hash=item3f0467098d

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-MANX-Leather-BIKER-ROCKERS-MOTORBIKE-JACKET-40-/300482916236?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Clothing&hash=item45f62d6f8c

... and let me guess! It doesn't quite fit you!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Drewski said:
... and let me guess! It doesn't quite fit you!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BHAHAHAHA... it fits me just fine!!.. So what if I cant put a sweater underneath, and I can only wear a t-shirt and ride with the jacket un-zipped?!!...and I'll have to lay-off the KFC Double Downs forever?... it still fits!!... I've wanted one of these handmade jackets for a long time!!... ;D

Ok... fine... If I gotta sell it, I'll call you first Drewski!!.. LOL!!!

Hey Leon..... how many ya got ??? ??? ???. I am up to about fifty.... counting the ones I bought my wife :eek: :eek: :eek:....

dewjantim said:
Hey Leon..... how many ya got ??? ??? ???. I am up to about fifty.... counting the ones I bought my wife :eek: :eek: :eek:....

50??!!.. holy shit man!!... thats almost as insane as DrJ's 500 helmet collection!!.. however, it is understandable...
I have about 13 or so... When I find that I like something/style in particular, I'll just sell off a jacket or two to Drewski and replace it with another one...

The next one on my list is a vintage TT Leather, then a Buco, then a Sears Hercules, then a Langstaff, then a Leathertoggs... the list goes on...
However, I get them opportunistically.. I dont usually go hunting for them... usually.. ;D

No one "just happens upon" a jacket like that. You were sooooo hunting for it.

That being said, I want one.

IndieSol said:
No one "just happens upon" a jacket like that. You were sooooo hunting for it.

Seriously I did!!..
I was tired of pinstriping last night.. decided to take a break, opened up Kijiji and idly typed in "leather jacket" in the motorcycle section... voila!!.. there it was...

I couldnt believe my eyes!!.. an authentic Manx Leathers jacket!!... the red lining, manx patch, buckles on the sides, the quilted shoulders and elbows!!.. WOW.
I sent an email right away, the seller got right back to me... picked it up today!

it so freakin cool!!.. ;D

Seems like the more you collect....... the luckier you get ;D ;D ;D ;D..... I used to have a J-24 Buco. Bought it from a friend when he was down on his luck. I kept it for almost 20 years, telling him how much it was worth every time I saw one sell. He would always go crazy every time the price went up. On his 60th birthday...... I gave it back to him. He cried....... :'( :'( :'(.

dewjantim said:
Seems like the more you collect....... the luckier you get ;D ;D ;D ;D..... I used to have a J-24 Buco. Bought it from a friend when he was down on his luck. I kept it for almost 20 years, telling him how much it was worth every time I saw one sell. He would always go crazy every time the price went up. On his 60th birthday...... I gave it back to him. He cried....... :'( :'( :'(.

yeah.. I remember hearing that story... WOW... that is one really nice jacket...
The closest I have to a J-24 is a Brooks PJ-27 2 Star... The one that Brooks made/designed for the police, hence "PJ" - Police Jacket model 27
IMG_0513.jpg

Rin Tanaka in his book: " Motorcycle Jackets: A Century of Leather Design" values that Brooks to be in the market value range of $800-$1000
However, we all know that regardless of general market value, the true value is only what we can get it for!!.. ;D
BrooksPJ-27-RinTanaka.jpg

In my case, I paid a little more than I would on a vintage leather jacket!!..

I'm sorry, but it seems like you're doing an awful lot of pinstriping. Everytime you post, you're tired of pinstriping.

Either you have girly hands and can't work for more than 30 seconds at a time or you're pinstriping an Airbus A380 (blame the engine problem on you)

airbus-a380-picture-emirates.jpg

Tim said:
I'm sorry, but it seems like you're doing an awful lot of pinstriping. Everytime you post, you're tired of pinstriping.
Either you have girly hands and can't work for more than 30 seconds at a time or you're pinstriping an Airbus A380 (blame the engine problem on you)

BAHHAHAAHhaa.... girly hands?.. well thats not what your girlfriend says!!.. ;D

Im learning/practicing the art by the 10,000 line method... 10 basic line types.. and the idea is that you have to do each of the basic lines 1000 times each before your hand/muscle control and brush holding technique becomes consistent wtih every line.
So Ive been trying to hit 100 each day for each line type...
1. horizontal straight line & verticle straight line
2. horizontal c-curve line & verticle c-curve line
3. horizontal backwards c-curve & horizontal backwards c-curve
4. horizontal s-curve line & verticle s-curve line
5. horizontal backwards s-curve & verticle basckward s-curve line.

It is truly boring and very unsexy practice work and after 1000 brush stokes, pallating, adding paint then reducer... you hand starts to hurt...
No sexy free style designs yet... Im still a way off to anything on a tank... At this point, just panels and lines.. :(

I heard that's not the only hand exercise you do 100 times a day.

Tim said:
I heard that's not the only hand exercise you do 100 times a day.

bahahaha. ya know it... your girlfriend loves it!!.. ;D hahahah.. you are just jealous I got the jacket before you did!!..

:D

Cafe_to_go said:
What percentage of your annual income goes into buying these jackets? LOL

I try not to think about it... it would depress me.

Here's something interesting...
Here is my comprehensive collection of jackets, most of which has come and gone over the past say,... 10 years or so?... In rough order of aquisition:

My first ever bike jacket:
Sold...
IMG_0429.jpg

Then:
100-0017_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0015_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0013_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0007_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0009_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0011_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0019_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0021_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0023_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0007_IMG_2.jpg

Then:
100-0022_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0025_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0045_IMG.jpg

Then:
100-0046_IMG.jpg

Then:
101-0101_IMG.jpg

Then:
IMG_2774.jpg

Then
IMG_0141.jpg

Then:
IMG_0365.jpg

Then:
IMG_1169.jpg

Then:
IMG_2391.jpg

Then:
locOsPerfecto613-b.jpg

Then:
IMG_0526.jpg

Then:
IMG_1079.jpg

Then:
IMG_0513.jpg

Then:
IMG_1164.jpg

Then:
IMG_1622.jpg

Then:
IMG_1615.jpg

Then:
IMG_1660.jpg

Then:
IMG_1664.jpg

Then:
IMG_2015.jpg

Then:
IMG_2371.jpg

Then:
IMG_2420.jpg

Im sure there is a couple that Ive missed along the way...

Oh yeah.. this one when I ride my GSXR Fighter:... nothing special but full armour jacket:
IMG_0476.jpg

Ya, there's at least one more that became my favorite everyday jacket! ;D ;D

locO leoN said:
Which ones did you get again?..

It's the black/grey/red Drospo. White piping! It fits like a finger up yer nose and it just has the right amount of wear!! ;D ;D

Drewski said:
It's the black/grey/red Drospo. White piping! It fits like a finger up yer nose and it just has the right amount of wear!! ;D ;D

Damn.. I knew I missed a few... it was this one no?:
IMG_2774.jpg

Dont you also have the Lucky 13 one?:
101-0101_IMG.jpg

100-0100_IMG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom