Craft RX6 Helmet: Anyone have one?

sidejam

First off, I realize this isn't a vintage helmet. But, it seemed like the best place to ask the question.

I'm starting to shop for a new full face helmet. I was going to order a Simpson Street Bandit, but it seems that I would have to buy it sight unseen. There doesn't seem to be anybody locally that stocks Simpson's and I can't seem to find any to try on. While I can order it brand new, I would prefer to order something knowing that it would fit at least somewhat comfortably. I came across this helmet from one store close by, so I can actually try before I buy. Anyone have any experience with this brand? From a few reviews I've read, it claims to be more comfortable than a Simpson.

Is this an option I should even consider? Any opinions?

http://www.craft-helmets.com/RX6_Evolution.htm

Craft_RX6_Matt_Black%5B1%5D.jpg

I have a Craft. It's not that exact model, but very similar. Mine is a flat black finish like the one in the pic.

I like it, but it's not my favorite helmet. Mine fits a little loose so I think that contributes to wind noise being a little louder than I would like. The padding seems to be lacking too. It just doesn't feel as "nice" as many other helmets I've worn. I also own an older Simpson Bandit and it's quite tight on me, but it doesn't fit as nicely around the neck area. It's fairly noisy too. They may be noisy for 2 entirely different reasons, but my guess is that a helmet that shape might just be noisy.

I'm a little spoiled I guess because my fav is my Arai. It's hands down the best I've ever worn! Comfortable, quiet, light... it's just plain good! 8)

One other thing about the Craft. The flat black finish marks up quite easily! My Arai is a similar finish, and it seems to be much more durable.

My advise is ALWAYS try on the helmet BEFORE buying. If you don't, you could be disappointed with the fit.

Good luck! 8)

Back
Top Bottom