The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Re: the "Ace" - deep breathing!

That's fair enough it still looks one hell of a bike crazy! ;D

is it a vm22 or 26 may I ask? I've been thinking of maybe putting a flat slide on my cg to see what it will perform like!

As for mine heres how it stands atm, still looking to loose the battery box (the old air filter box with the battery inside)
and also jack the back end of the bike up by about 25mm :)

What so you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG-20130701-00069.jpg
    IMG-20130701-00069.jpg
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 399

The new carbie is a 26mm. The original Chinese unit worked well enough, but with all the changes coming up I decided it would be easier to get it properly tuned using a Mikuni.

tom050162 - that's a neat CG you've got!

Crazy

Re: Re: the "Ace" - deep breathing!

Your Mikuni looks different from my 26mm Mikuni. Mine bolted straight on and did not have to adjust any thing. Mine has the flick up choke lever.

Re: the "Ace" - stoppers!

tom050162 said:
I was trying to think what else could be done to improve the visual image of the bike and must admit
that the rear mudguard would make one hell of a difference if it was to be shortened or even removed
all together. Like most on here it would be easy to mount a little round brake light back of the seat hump
and fitted some fairing mounted indicators tidy's up the tail a lot!!!
Like this picture
l
l
\/

Anyway that's just my opinion

Made a mockup like that a while ago, when I was planning to buy one. Bought a Yamaha FS1 instead :)
1017511_10201225794960615_1786610172_n.jpg

Just Dan - I'm not familiar with that model Mikuni. Do you know what model bike it was made for?

I need to reposition the carb in order to to fit the Lynx filter under the seat, where the battery and filter box now sit.

Crazy

Aboslutly no idea what bike fits. This is the Ebay link. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281083375124?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I may have found a braided brake hose off a pit bike from Ebay for $10. Should arrive this week. I let you know if it fits. Also arriving this week are some sticky tires. Michelin pilot sporty. It is a bit wet an slippery here, other wise I would not worry about changing the tires until they wear out.

That's what it's for Dan!
I don't have much to post at the moment, but a lot of stuff will be going up shortly. In the meantime it's good to get feedback.

Crazy

just thought i would chuck this up for people doing up an ACE,

the rear pegs off a ZX6R RR 2000-2012 fit the peg hangers on the ace fairly well,
they sit just a bit high which is better then low pegs your feet slide off

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130881452127

Attachments

• DSCF4648.png
    DSCF4648.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 340

sprocket2cog - useful info!

If a hadn't had some Tarozzi pillion pegs sitting around I would certainly have gone for these.

Crazy

Ok. My $10 braided brake hose was a dud. In being about 80mm to short. I may have found one for $23. Will report back when it arrives. The problem is looking at the pics online and trying to figure out if the banjos are at the right angle.

I have fitted after market fake carbon LED indicators from EBay. Had me stumped fitting them. As all four would flash at one. Seems this is a common problem with LED's. Had to remove the indicator light in the Instruments to fix. I have to find a LED version of the bulb, I removed to get the blinking light back.

Bought a pair of Michelin pilot sporty tires and new tubes. The stock tires just about fall off and the tubes are looking pretty haggard. There are raised stripes on the inside of the tire rubbing against the tube. The Michelin's were only slightly harder to put on than bicycle tires.

New ACE tank stickers arrived.

Re: the "Ace" - miscellaneous comments!

Looking good Dan!

Haven't made the tyre change yet myself - that will be the next step when I get the motor sorted. Michelins are pretty close to the top of my list but the decision hasn't been made yet; let me know how yours work out.

LED indicators can be a pain without the appropriate circuitry but I'm sure you'll get there.

I know none of us want to over-capitalize our bikes (ha!), but brake hoses are not an item I where I would go for the cheap option. A custom built hose is not that expensive for this critical component, but do check that what you purchase doesn't have aluminium fittings. I had one assembled by HEL in the deep north, but there are other places.

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - adding lightness!

The easiest (and cheapest) weight reduction so far:

item.JPG

1.712 kg:

item.JPG

It hasn't been used over the (antipodean) winter, it won't be missed, and it gives me a bit more wriggle-room for the carby repositioning.

Crazy

Just Dan, for your problem with the turn signals you can either buy or make something like this, it's just a pair of diodes... I just had to make the same thing for my bike as my speedo indicator light only had one wire. I used a pair of 1N7001 diodes from radio shack and some heat shrink. Did the trick...
mdk_diagram.jpg

Re: Re: the "Ace" - adding lightness!

3DogNate said:
For your problem with the turn signals ...

I didn't know I had a problem! Then I realised the info was for Just Dan.

I do have some changes to the indicators coming up but I haven't posted anything yet.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
The easiest (and cheapest) weight reduction so far:

See that wasn't so bad! You can hardly notice its gone! How did you cover the gap where the gearing goes in?

At the moment it's plugged with polyester resin - quick and dirty!

Later I will remove the gear housing and do a neater fix.

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - neater!

After:

Drill, prime,paint, re-fit.

item.JPG

and:

item.JPG

Haven't had the time for any of the major stuff lately, but it's good to get some little things done!

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom