The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Awesome, I was planning on chisel/drilling/filing it out... hope it works...

Might be a Xmas gift to myself!

Re: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource :: Speed/RPM Stats [corrected]

tyre size may be converted incorrectly. Original is 2.75-18

Redline is guess as not quoted
Max Torque/Power/Idle & ratios from handbook

I have saved it at http://woodsware.aciwebs.com/gears/ as SkyTeam Ace 125

Hmmm something looks skewy or is it just me??

EDIT: woke up ths morning & realise dmy mistake on the orignal

602264_10151906626297200_1118057357_n.jpg

Had to come into the city later than normal today and took the freeway in... was suprised I could cruise on 100-105 (remember my bike is stock), until there was a hill or strong headwind of course!! Was good to streach her legs....

ChrisBNE said:
Had to come into the city later than normal today and took the freeway in... was suprised I could cruise on 100-105 (remember my bike is stock), until there was a hill or strong headwind of course!! Was good to streach her legs....
yep they will do it, and with just the exhaust mod i get 120kph

Skyteam Ace Exhaust Internals you need to remove for a straight thru exhaust, ive also shortened the cone.

Attachments

• SkyteamAceExhaustInternals.jpg
    SkyteamAceExhaustInternals.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 630
this is for a cb125 project, i dont have a st/ace, just a pipe for the time being before i make my custom one, so will just run a 35mm baffle maybe with some stainless wool, rest straight thru and weld the end cap with it back on. ive had good results with a emgo cone and same baffle on a stock header with new jetting, this one will be all sealed via welds with no leaks like the emgo.

Hi Crazy,

I stumbled across this thread when I was looking online for information on cafe racers. I then done as much research as I could about the Skyteam Ace. I went to a local dealer who was advertising an Ace on Ebay, but he had already sold it :( He said he would call me when he gets his next delivery. I have been looking at getting back into bikes as I have not owned one for 20 years. The Ace would be perfect for my short commute to work and the odd fun blast along some country roads. I like all the things that you have done to your bike and will certainly be using your experience as inspiration. I hope the dealer gets a bike in soon so that I can go and try one on for size.

Wayne

Are the owners of the 2 Ace's who purchased bikes from Trevor Pope motorcycles in Gosport on here?

G'day Wayne - bad luck missing out with your local dealer!

Maybe someone from your neck of the woods can chime in on this thread with information on English 'Ace' availability. Perhaps there is an importer over there who can supply bikes in a crate, as happens here in Oz. There is a considerable cost saving and they require less assembly than most Ik*a furniture.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Crazy

bdub said:
this is for a cb125 project …

Now that you have dealt with the worst item on the 'Ace' you will have to get the rest of the bike to go with it!

Good luck with the CB, and let us know how the modified pipe turns out.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
G'day Wayne - bad luck missing out with your local dealer!

Maybe someone from your neck of the woods can chime in on this thread with information on English 'Ace' availability. Perhaps there is an importer over there who can supply bikes in a crate, as happens here in Oz. There is a considerable cost saving and they require less assembly than most Ik*a furniture.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Crazy

The dealer that I visited is only 15 miles away. He said he had sold 5. Only 2 have stayed local. He is due another 2 in stock soon and said he will call so I can go and take a look. I'm only 5ft 6 so I should fit on nicely. I have enjoyed reading your thread and this has helped make up my mind.

Wayne

They're a deceptive little beast!

Height seems not to be much of a problem but chubbiness slows them down - I would like to lose a couple of kg myself, but I'm too fond of my tucker and the odd brewed beverage to go with it.

Crazy

Whats the availability of parts like? When I search for Skyteam Ace on Ebay.co.uk there are only 25 results and most of them are for the complete bike. I have read as many reviews as I can by searching Google, and they are all pretty good. I think it is quite a lot of bike for the money. When I search Skyteam Ace forum, this thread is top of the list :)

Wayne

WJPez said:
Whats the availability of parts like? When I search for Skyteam Ace on Ebay.co.uk there are only 25 results and most of them are for the complete bike. I have read as many reviews as I can by searching Google, and they are all pretty good. I think it is quite a lot of bike for the money. When I search Skyteam Ace forum, this thread is top of the list :)

Wayne

you can get nearly everything for the bike online here

http://www.skyteamparts.com/store/ace/

and ooracing does go fast bits.

http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=224

I think it was a CG125 that I passed my test on 20 years ago. I recently went on holiday to Florence and the wife and I rented Vespas. Since I came back I have been looking at scooters (LML)., but after typing cafe racer into Ebay I came across the Ace. Since then I think I have read most things available including several threads on DTT.

Wayne

Help! ive tried for 4 hours to get the cat out. ive tried to run a blade around the cat and seem to have seperated most of it from the inside of the pipe, but i still cant get her out!!! any tip/tricks/advise would be hugely appreciated. :-\

Back
Top Bottom