The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

stroker crazy said:
It's 10mm.

But it's metric fine thread! If you have trouble finding a replacement I can probably send you a second-hand one.

Crazy

Thank you - will try at Bunnings and come back to you.

ACEitup said:
Hahaha,
I reckon there is a few of us about with a box full of original parts!!
cheers ACEitup

I acutally use the box which had all the bits and pieces in it when it arrived!

stroker crazy said:
You're our first Norwegian member - do you know any other 'Ace' riders in your area?

Crazy
As far as I know, there is one more Ace in Norway, belonging to the dealer I bought mine from (Crash'n Burn). When I took mine to the local DMV, they said that it was the first one that was registered in the country. :)

rangering-17 said:
By the way 'Novragod', where did you buy your Ace? Is there an official Skyteam importer in Norway?
Greetings, Fred

I bought mine from a dealer called Crash'n Burn. But I don't think he is an official dealer for Skyteam.

Kind regards, Stian

Fred
Novgarod said:
As far as I know, there is one more Ace in Norway, belonging to the dealer I bought mine from (Crash'n Burn). When I took mine to the local DMV, they said that it was the first one that was registered in the country. :)
[/quote

Ok,
thanks Stian
Fred]

Sorry, went wrong.
But anyway, thanks Stian. Not many Aces in Norway.. I wonder how many Aces are sold in Sweden. I remember there was one guy from Sweden chatting on ADVrider.But cannot find anymore that post..
Fred

ChrisBNE said:

Bunnings had zilch in the thread pitch I needed. There is a fasteners distributer near me, they'll have it for sure. Might use a spring washer this time too!

ChrisBNE said:

Bunnings had zilch in the thread pitch I needed. There is a fasteners distributer near me, they'll have it for sure. Might use a spring washer this time too!

stroker crazy said:
I found the spare - just give the word and I will mail it!

(no charge service!)

Crazy

Really appreciate that - the shop is 2 mins form my place, so no big deal. If I get stuck, will take you up on your kind offer!

Installed some pre-load spacers in the forks; trying 25mm to start. I feel that 30W oil is waaay too heavy so I'll hold off on changing it for the time being.

Changed sprocket ratios!

JT 35 tooth rear:

item.JPG

JT 17 tooth front:

item.JPG

Chain is a DID 428 o-ring.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
Installed some pre-load spacers in the forks; trying 25mm to start. I feel that 30W oil is waaay to heavy so I'll hold off on changing it for the time being.

How heavy are you ? I' around 105-110kg fully suited , booted & helmeted & am more than happy with 30w

Hi Crazy,
25mm is the dimension supplied in the Kit from 00racing
I just added a 16 tooth front sprocket on the weekend
no test rides yet and the weather not looking so good
any time soon
Also added some "lightness" with a new lithium battery
and tucking all the electrics under seat and hump
airbox is gone , still working on a velocity stack??? or ?

cheers ACEitup

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 981
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,069
mikeyw64 said:
How heavy are you?

I guess I'd be about 80kg or a little less, depending on gear etc.. I want to see how it feels with just the pre-load before I change the oil.

ACEitup said:
Hi Crazy,
25mm is the dimension supplied in the Kit from 00racing
I just added a 16 tooth front sprocket on the weekend
no test rides yet and the weather not looking so good
any time soon
Also added some "lightness" with a new lithium battery
and tucking all the electrics under seat and hump
airbox is gone , still working on a velocity stack??? or ?

cheers ACEitup

My home-made spacers (patent applied for?!) can be easily altered up or down in length, so I should get something suitable sorted out!

The 17 tooth is the biggest that will fit, and with the extra width of the o-ring chain I had to do a bit of fudging.

Got an email today regarding the immanent delivery of an essential ingredient for my intake modifications, so I should be able to get started on that soon.

If we get a bit of a break with the weather we could do a joint run through the Royal to test the latest mods!

Crazy

ACEitup said:
Did you just drop them in?

More like shove and swear - some resistance is encountered!

Don't understand the logic of 30W oil; people seem happy enough with it, but I'm not convinced of its efficacy.
And a test run is definitely in order.

Crazy

When putting on the new rear sprocket today I found that, as expected, the bushes in the hub were history.

Does anyone have any tips for removing the old ones and replacing them?

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
When putting on the new rear sprocket today I found that, as expected, the bushes in the hub were history.

Does anyone have any tips for removing the old ones and replacing them?

Crazy

What do you mean by that? Can you attach a picture of it? And why 'as expected' ?
Fred

Back
Top Bottom