The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

stroker crazy said:
I am happy with just the spacers for the time being. Perhaps I will use a heavier oil in the future, but the 30W seems too heavy to me.

At 67kg you certainly have a weight advantage! Some other 'Ace' riders would be nearly double that.

Crazy
Can I diy the spacer for the fork? Ooracing fork upgrade costy to ship to singapore.. any alternative way?

joeylimzy said:
any alternative way?

DIY easy!

A 10mm x 25mm hex bolt, two nuts with a spring washer between.
Tighten it all up and you have an object 19.25mm in diameter (across the diagonal) and 24.60mm long (flat to flat).
Insert in fork head up and refit fork cap.

If this doesn't make sense, I can post a photo.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
DIY easy!

A 10mm x 25mm hex bolt, two nuts with a spring washer between.
Tighten it all up and you have an object 19.25mm in diameter (across the diagonal) and 24.60mm long (flat to flat).
Insert in fork head up and refit fork cap.

If this doesn't make sense, I can post a photo.

Crazy
i guess i need to see some photo..

joeylimzy said:
i guess i need to see some photo..

The threaded end goes into the centre of the spring, and the fork cap bears against the bolt head:

item.JPG

It might be crude, but it's effective!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
The threaded end goes into the centre of the spring, and the fork cap bears against the bolt head:

item.JPG

It might be crude, but it's effective!

Crazy
Sorry .. jus want to double confirm about the size .. which is the length of the screw and which is the size?

orrible-64 said:
motorcycle trader...letters to the editor...

Just read the article; seems like the registration authorities in Taz have an enlightened attitude!

Also sent an email to Spannerman at Motorcycle Trader; in the October 2013 magazine he was preparing to receive an 'Ace' for assembly. I imagine that project has now been postponed indefinitely.

Crazy

Hi all

been makin' swarf int' shed. My fork spring spacers are 19mm oa dia, 9mm hole right through and the shoulder is 11mm dia and 7mm long.

I also fit EBC brake shoes and a Ooracing's talon rear sprocket with 34 teeth and a 17 front sprocket. Whilst it was in bits I made two alloy spacers for the rear wheel and figured that with all this extra speed and braking I'd better vent my rear hub.......

Welcome to our new members - Tad, are you in Yorkshire if so anywhere near Brighouse?

Attachments

• SPACER.jpg
    SPACER.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 234
  • SPACER 2.jpg
    SPACER 2.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 218
  • RH SPACER.jpg
    RH SPACER.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 223
  • DRIVE SIDE SPACER.jpg
    DRIVE SIDE SPACER.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 241
Here are some pics of my vents....

Attachments

• 3 TOP VENTS.jpg
    3 TOP VENTS.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 2 BOTTOM VENTS.jpg
    2 BOTTOM VENTS.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 246
Hi Dave, Sorry not near Brighouse but on East coast near Oliver's Mount (good place to ride the Ace). Brake vents are SO good, very period. Bet you formed the mesh yourself. If so you have to much time on your hands LOL. Fork spacers look well made.

Back
Top Bottom