The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

回覆: Re: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

dualero said:
You're welcome. Water and soap should do the trick, but I suggested alcohol because that removes the brake fluid completely

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

alcohol is ok on pad? or better to remove the pad before the alcohol cleanning?

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

where can i get two seater seat for our ACE ?

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

An update on the 'Ace'!

The 150cc conversion has nearly 1500k, so on the way back from a ride on Monday I thought I'd give it a run on a motorway.

The 17/35 sprocket combination allowed me to maintain 100-110k without over-revving the motor. I was well pleased, but after about 20k I got bored and turned off onto secondary roads for more fun.

The upgrade was well worth it!

Crazy

Wondering about getting this combined tail , number plate , stop light and indicators LED light out of the US. US$33
http://shop.rycamotors.com/tail_light.html

Don't have the bike yet to measure it up against, so do you guys think it will it fit in neatly if I remove rear fender and get a bracket made up??

The light itself measures
9.5cm by 2.5cm
or 3.75" by 1" in old money.

Attachments

• Ryca 1.jpg
    Ryca 1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 907
  • Ryca 2.jpg
    Ryca 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,014
Hi Guys,

I've purchased this silencer http://www.feked.com/universal-flat-end-motorcycle-silencer-27-35-40mm.html but haven't gone about sorting a down pipe for it yet.

I was wondering if de-catting the standard exhaust and cutting it to size would be any less effective than ordering ooracing's stainless alternative? Also hoping a UK member would be able to help me out here, still 2 years away but would the de-cat exhaust be a MOT failure?

Many thanks,
Ricky

musket the dog said:
I was wondering if de-catting the standard exhaust and cutting it to size ... would the de-cat exhaust be a MOT failure?

Ricky, the 00racing header is a quality item and for the price, it's an awesome purchase. With it, for your compliance, you could simply refit the stock unit and not have any worries ?

(that was my thinking with the mods I did).

Haz

Currently the motorcycle MoT does not included exhaust emissions - but in two years ?? The standard downpipe is very constricted at at the flange end , both by welding and the bend . As said the OO racing pipe is a decent price , stainless and means you have the standard pipe should you need it in the future 8)

I've ordered the ooracing downpipe and a megaphone muffler.

Currently I have done the following:
removed egr
Removed cat from downpipe
drilled 12mm hole in exhaust
Bigger jet 92
Race Cdi from ooracing
Iridium plug
From 15 ->16 front sprocket
Set valve gap
Tyres pumped to 34
My weight (95kg)-prob 100kg with gear on.

On a downhill slope, tail wind I can only maxed at 105kph
on the flat I could barely maintain 90kph...

Here's hoping the new exhaust will give it the extra oomph I need ( I will probably remove the air box and increase jet size as well)

My only requirement is to at least be able to hold 100kph

Small steps I guess :)

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

musket the dog said:
Hi Guys,

I've purchased this silencer http://www.feked.com/universal-flat-end-motorcycle-silencer-27-35-40mm.html but haven't gone about sorting a down pipe for it yet.

I was wondering if de-catting the standard exhaust and cutting it to size would be any less effective than ordering ooracing's stainless alternative? Also hoping a UK member would be able to help me out here, still 2 years away but would the de-cat exhaust be a MOT failure?

Many thanks,
Ricky

This is the very same silencer I ordered and installed on my ace.
I cut the original exhaust after de-catering it.
I just needed to add an extra mounting plate in order to make the silencer a bit farther from the frame.

The sound is nice but very loud if you don't add some sound proofing material. I added some more, still loud but very acceptable, and still a very nice bassy sound :)

Attachments

• ACE_02.jpg
    ACE_02.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 287
Hi again, here are a few photos of what I have done to quieten down my exhaust. After fitting a long baffle inside silencer wrapped with as much wadding I could fit in, the noise was still far to loud, so I found an old baffle end and made that fit. AHH much better now and still sounds throatie. Also fitted a slightly bigger Shengwey carb with choke lever on carb body. So no need for choke cable on H/bars now. Just been for a ride and Ace will now sit at 60 mph easily. Next thing is to alter gearing so it doesn't rev as much at that speed.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 246
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 269
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 236
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 225
Hi Chris, What I did was to go around the local bike shops including M/C breakers in town and ask them what old exhausts/baffles they have kicking around. The end piece you can see is just to reduce the outlet size. It's only about two inch's long. The other baffle is wadded and slipped into silencer from other end. If you explain to them what it's for they might be more helpful. If you get a baffle that goes all the way in you might want to use fiberglass exhaust wadding, it usually comes in a roll you cut to length and secure with lock wire.

Tad, my muffler looks exactly the same as yours, so I assume its going to be loud :) I will let you know soon when the ooracing header turns up. My trx850 sits at about 90db with custom piprs and I've not been pulled up on that, and it's pretty loud.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

That's good Chris. Just remember to ride gently and not draw any attention to yourself when police are around.

Back
Top Bottom