The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 276
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share a picture of the progress I have done on my Ace. Have done a couple of things:

- EGR Removed, new jets, new front sprocket
- New footpegs, grips, tyres, headlight and indicators

Still a lot to do ;-)

I also have a question. The bike didn't want to start today (side stand up, kill switch off, fuel tap on, plenty of petrol). It sounded pretty much the same as when you try to start it with the side stand switch on. Tried to kick start it with no success... After a half an hour of desperate attempts, she suddenly fired up!

Any ideas what could have happened?

Cheers,

Thomas

Attachments

• S0203089 copy small.jpg
    S0203089 copy small.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,034
I found when i removed the egr
and did mods etc I no longer used the choke ?
with larger jets maybe flooding?? if u were still giving choke?
p.s my dealer accidently left stand plug uncoupled , I left it that way and removed it
BTW looking good
cheers ACEitup

cafe59 said:
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share a picture of the progress I have done on my Ace. Have done a couple of things:

- EGR Removed, new jets, new front sprocket
- New footpegs, grips, tyres, headlight and indicators

Cheers,

Thomas

- like the look of the larger diameter headlights ! - what tyres did you go for ? And you mentioned front sprocket - what size and did it make much difference ?

Looking good.

Haz

ACEitup said:
with larger jets maybe flooding?? if u were still giving choke?

I have to use the choke, otherwise it won't start... I started it in the morning as usual (with the choke), went to the city, parked it at work and when I wanted to go home, it wouldn't start. Might have been flooded, but I don't really know how does it sound when it is...

Hazza00 said:
- what tyres did you go for ?

As many people on here I put Michelin M45s on. Very happy with them, massive difference ;-)

Hazza00 said:
And you mentioned front sprocket - what size and did it make much difference ?

I am running a 17T front now. I think it's better, although the bike is still reving too high imo

Cheers

Just thought I'd share this with you. I've fitted a new rear light to my Ace. Below are a few pictures of it. Decided to leave rear guard on.

Attachments

• rl1.jpg
    rl1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
  • rl2.jpg
    rl2.jpg
    847.9 KB · Views: 223
  • rl3.jpg
    rl3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 252
  • rl4.jpg
    rl4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 262
Tad said:
I've fitted a new rear light to my Ace.

Nice! I have bought the same one in black... was trying to figure out how to fit it, didn't think of attaching it to the Seat cowl! Clever ;-)

Hi Crazy, already thought of that while deciding on mounting place. There is a rubber bung/grommet placed in one of the original guard holes which the number plate presses on acting as a third mount. Cheers for your comment, should it go wrong then I'll use the hole for a bolt with rubber spacer.

Tad said:
Just thought I'd share this with you. I've fitted a new rear light to my Ace. Below are a few pictures of it. Decided to leave rear guard on.

... nice job Tad! Hey I noticed your front screen's gone, did you remove it and thinking of selling it ? (hint hint !!) hehe

Haz

I asked the Skyteam factory for a bit more info about their chrome sport exhaust...

Do you have any specifications for the chrome exhaust? I.e. how much noisier it is than the black one, what performance gain can be expected? Internal construction?

"Sorry, but we haven't made the detailed test yet. Acturally the chrome muffler is just with the same structure as the original black ones, just with different surface treatment and without any catalyser inside. Cause no catalyser inside, the bike will be more powerful, but we don't have the accurate data to tell how much more power it can gain."

Is anyone running the Skyteam chrome unit? Recommend it?

Just coming back on 2b's question regarding the Skyteam Chrome Sports exhaust, as I fitted this within a couple of months of having my Ace, and can report that it is a definite improvement all round.
It was fitted in conjunction of having the larger jet on the carb, and the overall effect was a considerable improvement in performance, and whilst it has a deeper & more "gruntier" sound, it's certainly not loud enough to be offensive, and don't anticipate any problems being stopped by the rossers!

Pricewise, Skyteam UK were selling these out at £160.00, which all things considered, I did not think was unreasonable, and mine has kept it's chrome fine, although it has constant wiping of GT85 / Scottoiler 365 to keep the corrosion at bay.

I think that they look far better than the std. black exhaust, and would definitely recommend!

Hi Everyone,

Small question, fitted my new silencer last week to the de-catted down pipe. Before bike had larger jets in carb, pod air filter and the EGR kit removed. She hit 65mph topping out and wasn't struggling into the high 50's.

However with the new silencer the bike will not run off of the choke and there is a definite drop in power. Guessing this is something to do with the reduction in back pressure and I think I need to run the fuel/air mixture a bit richer? Any guesses if I 'll be able to achieve this with the standard carbs and the oo racing larger jets?

if not will I be able to get large enough jets for the standard carb or is it worth upgrading? Was looking at this one in perticular http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3842, but I've also heard the Mikuni ones are a good fit?

Cheers,
Ricky

Attachments

• IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 235
Just noticed that my headlight switch seems to be on high beam when switched to low beam and v.v. Anyone else have this feature?

Hey Musket

Not sure about the specifics of your questions but this talks about genuine vs knock off Mikuni VM22-133 and how to tune them...

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17855

In the build database spreadsheet it looks like some owners are running these, not sure whether genuine or knockoffs though.

2b said:
genuine vs knock off

I think most are using the knock-off Mikuni; the genuine item is too large to fit using the original manifold.

I will be making a new manifold to position the carby on the centreline and with a somewhat longer intake tract.

Crazy

my genuine one is slightly too tall, but a tight fit. took lot of fitness. still tuning it from time to time.

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom