Gs550 Cafe racer Update 19/4 2015

Re: Gs550 Cafe racer Update Today 17/12 2014

Raise the front end back to a more normal position - I'd lower it by maximum of 1/2 an inch or so. It will look just fine and more importantly handle properly.

You already know the tires are not great. If you're going to ride the bike around a corner, or when the road is wet etc. you want a modern proper tire (AVON RoadRiders are great).

A fork brace is pretty important too. The front fender isn't just to keep rain off your face. The U shaped mount the fender is riveted to locks the fork legs together and keeps them moving up and down together. Without that, you're putting way more stress on the axle than you want, and the fork legs are not designed to hold the axle under those stresses. Remove the fender if you want, but you want a fork brace or the U shaped heavy brace from the original fender.

You'd be better off just cutting the fender short if you want a trimmed down look. The fender does serve a purpose. I removed mine from my cafe racer and put a brace on, but I'll be putting a fender back on to keep the road grime off my face.

Cool yes i Will rise it In front and the fender are In the making i have short it and need a little more work.

Like you say the tyres is crap. Like firestone but the look is Nice and rigt now when bulding i use this tyres because of the look;). Thanks 4 you advice ;)

I think there a bigger chance being killed by a coconut than riding this machine... so relax a bit and enjoy the build...

lacmetal.dk said:
I think there a bigger chance being killed by a coconut than riding this machine... so relax a bit and enjoy the build...

thats ok that you don't understand the issues with the geometery as he has it set up in the pics,you can always educate yourself on the subject ,i encourage you to do so ;)

lacmetal.dk said:
You must live on a tropical island if that is the case.

Between Nugiz's limited English and a number of commentators limited civility this is turning into a very interesting thread. Sometimes it amazes me that anyone posts pictures of their bikes.

Hehe i Think some Night the bike Will stab me when im a sleep.

maybe running over a coconut and having the reduced travel front end deflecting instead of absorbing?

kinda like the guy on ducati ms who went down on a watermelon.

Nugiz-

I get your build.
The concept of your bike is no different than a T-bucket hot rod or raked-out chopper with 8 foot long forks.
These examples are not the safest or best performing vehicles, but they are examples of a vehicle built to look cool to the builder, just like yours.

-Sherm

Big sherm you make hope for the American ;) you get it 8)
No one build a gs550 to run fast In coners , then i Think he be hit In the head whit a coconut;)

Gs550 Cafe racer Update Today 17/12 2014

Nugiz said:
Big sherm you make hope for the American ;) you get it 8)
No one build a gs550 to run fast In coners , then i Think he be hit In the head whit a coconut;)

Says you. A 650 (673cc) top end swaps in with a little work. 4-1 exhaust. GS1100 aluminum swinger is a swappable part once you can get a race/bearing set made. Quality shocks, emulators and fork springs from racetech I'm the front ... GS1150 larger rear rim for a wider rear wheel base and with all that a GS550 can be made into a corner carving machine. Light, nimble and powerful. These bikes have solid bottom ends with roller bearings as well that can make it last forever, or close to it. Check out GSR(gs resources) for some cool shit. Here is a build from another site, showing some of what can be done to a GS550.

http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2014/08/interstellar-gs550-cafe-racer.html?m=1

I Can just put on my zx6r 2006 USD fork. And my husaberg 650 motard rims. But then i dont get the old look

The one you link to is not my style at all .

But thanks ;)

Update finish whirring , and home made batteri , and tail light almost done at the workshop

374308-cafe-projekt-

The new tail ligt it will be fit in between springs and the KONI top cap and then nice invisible rear ligt when ligths OFF

374307-cafe-projekt-

374306-cafe-projekt-

374309-cafe-projekt-

new little batteri same side as a pack of marlboro cigarets

Looks great, Nugiz!
That's a handsome frame!

-Sherm

rundown said:
Between Nugiz's limited English and a number of commentators limited civility this is turning into a very interesting thread. Sometimes it amazes me that anyone posts pictures of their bikes.

;D very true! Dont take offense Nugiz, your english is sometimes difficult to follow ;) I am enjoying your build though, thanks for sharing. I have a soft spot for the gs550, it was my first bike. I'm also picking up a few tips for my own build, when im able to get busy with it.

Thanks ;) from now on only pictures Will come hehe :) have a Nice day

just a little more . i think it will be out running i marts

cafe-projekt.jpg

Are those airbox boots acting as velocity stacks...?

Back
Top Bottom