My fiero, Yep a fiero

Hey yes. These are just taking up space and I hate to pitch them in the trash. PM me with an address and I will see what shipping would be. Greg

I worked at the big Pontiac dealership in a nearby city when these were being made.Fun cars! Especially that 2.8 "superduty" V-6. Altough it would spin like a top in the snow with that front/rear weight ratio. ;D
I do remember some had a recall on the fuel line, might be worth your time to verify yours isn't one of them or had it done.

I just made an account here and am lookimg for a bike to make into a cafe racer. But I knew I wasn't the only one! I have an 86 GT

320020_10150842711765511_854270510_20664137_785772487_n.jpg

I had a brief love affair with Fieros in the late 80's early 90's.

We built several body plant kits for them including the attached. Excuse the moody pic, but I was trying to create ...... a moody pic. My company was called "Fiero Factory" - not very imaginitive, but imaginitive enough for Mr. Pontiac's solicitors to send us a cease and desist letter !!! Having had 8 years experience fighting Ford / AC on behalf of Shelby, I was reasonably confident - so we told them to Fuck off.

In the event, our UK laws protected us as I'd registered Fiero Factory as a Limited company !

We did several body swap kits and even delved into twin turbos and such. Then the prices of donor cars started to escalate from our US source - se we knocked it on the head.

Nice basic cars - just needed more development.

ferrarifieroconversion.jpg

I've got an '85 GT (notchie style) that was my DD for a couple years. Now it's sitting and waiting for me to do something with it. I had planned a Cadillac 500/TH425 swap. I had even worked out the right hubs and brakes and everything for it to be mostly bolt in with the exception of engine/tranny mounts. I just don't have the money or the shop to do it.

I think I said earlier in the thread back when Fieros were new, I worked at a Pontiac Dealership. I just remembered this Test Mule / Braggin rights BumbleBee prototype from PMD.
formula_side_fiero.jpg

This vehicle was rumored to produce 270+ HP (at 7000 RPM) with its 16-valve Super Duty 2.5L 4 cyl engine and made 240 lb-ft of torque @ 5500 RPM. More specifically, the BumbleBee ran 13.37 at 102.11 and had a 0-to-60 time of 5.39 seconds. Prior to being auctioned off at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona, in 2009, the Super Duty engine was taken out by GM and replaced with the stock 2.8 L V.6 motor, with all the drag racing chassis parts still left in it.

rear_formula_fiero_87_angled.jpg.jpg

Neat car, but wheelies bars on a 13 second car? Even current 10 and 11 second Fieros get by without them.

I bought my wife an '87 SE V-6 5 speed for her Christmas/Anniverary etc. present in
2000 for $3,000. Had my brother in law drive it out to Galena, IL. and meet us at a
B&B we always went to for our Christmas for the two of us. The wife didn't know him and his wife were coming and when we sat down for dinner at the inn, he comes walking
in and she says what are you doing here? He just says he thought they'd meet us at
the inn. So after we ate we walk them back to their cottage and on the side is the Fiero with a big bow on it and a card with my wife's name. So she says "For Me!?!?" and my brother in law says "No! , just the seat and steering wheel!" (It's was a location joke,
it was really funny at the time)

Anyway, that car was a ball to drive, and we had many great trips with it over the years. Sadly we sold it last spring.

Back
Top Bottom