Formula IV

when we were racing a dsr we were using a zx9 mill, had to do all kinds of special sump work to it though

deviant said:
Perhaps this is your reverse gearbox. It allows you hook up a Chevy drive shaft yoke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBkN3CdBtOU

http://roadstercycle.com/Reverse%20gearbox%20for%20motorcycles.htm

bookmarked. that's exactly what i need, and the work is already done for me.

The only reason I didn't consider a 2 stroke engine is the exhaust. I can build a custom exhaust for a 4stroke no problem. It's just a matter of routing. But i don't claim any expertise in the world of 2stroke expansion chambers. Ironically, the majority of my building experience is in 2strokes, but I've always used off the shelf racing exhausts.

Why not just use a two stroke then? You could probably use an off the shelf pipe for like a shifter kart or something...

This thread makes me smile :D
Before my Dad passed away he bought a 1914 Stutz Bearcat for us to rebuild together. Ever since I've wanted to do something very similar to your project.
Basically, I'd like to drop this type of body...
14-Stutz-Indy-Racer-DV_11-AI_002.jpg

on this type of chassis...
2000-5-7-ls1-6-speed-manual-chassis-2.jpg

It would sure turn heads, and be a freakin blast to drive :D

My current thinking is to use an RD350 engine for the initial build, then after the design gets refined, swap in the GT750 water buffalo engine.

VonYinzer said:

Actually this is a BRM 1.5 liter V8 F-1. IIRC I don't think Jackie ever drove a Lotus F1 car.
The 1.5 liter F1 cars were awesome with the later ones having V8, Flat 12, Flat 8 engines.
Coventry Climax even built but never raced a flat 16. Some neat engineering.

If I only have one rear wheel, and incorporate the swing arm, and if I re-use some of the motorcycle frame (including the part with the vin).... I wonder if I could drive it on the street as a trike.

I believe three wheeled vehicles classify as motorcycles (depending on where you are). So there is a good chance that as long as you include the serial number from your donor bike you could just register it as that bike/trike.

This sounds pretty cool. I would like to see where you are going with it. My buddies and I are currently building 3 nearly identical "karts". They will be powered with a Honda D16 and, one day, will be turbo charged. We are looking for 200-250 HP at about 1200#. Spindles/hub/knuckles are off of a Miata. The rest if it will be a custom, open rail design.
yqanabum.jpg

Conduit is great for mock ups too btw.

Back
Top Bottom