Sexy BMW

1fasgsxr

Over 1,000 Posts
you guys ever come across this thing in your "google" searches ??

WOW !!

Attachments

• BMW-Cafe-Racer-.jpg
    BMW-Cafe-Racer-.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 239
  • BMW-Cafe-Racer-03.jpg
    BMW-Cafe-Racer-03.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 227
That is so old school cool and yet bang up to date. Got to love the "Interceptor" decal. That can should have been through the middle of the seat or all the exhaust up the side IMHO.

I believe it was built by Radical Ducati - google them for a whole lot of radical cafe race ducatis.

http://www.sub5zero.com/radical-ducati-bmw-r90-interceptor-sweet-swansong/

WARNING: Do not google Radical Ducati unless you have a few hours to spend drooling at their bikes.

1fasgsxr said:
...and maybe the brake linkage but not many options for it.

Yeah that jumped out at me too. I am wondering why they couldn't have re-indexed the arm on the hub to make the angle better? Probably nitpicking though, if it was built by a Ducati shop they probably never expected the rear brake to work well anyway. ;-)

A reverse megaphone would have been way better. I'm ok with the angle just not the ugly shaped can

They might live in Cali, where they actually ticket folks for loud pipes. That type of can may be necessary.

Radical Ducati was out of Madrid. And most of their bikes had reverse cones on them, so this it out of step.

J-Rod10 said:
They might live in Cali, where they actually ticket folks for loud pipes. That type of can may be necessary.

That type of muffler is needed but a headlight, brakelight, and license plate aren't? California is a strange place indeed... ;-)

To my eyes it's more likely he's trying to meet a track's noise limit. On the other hand I don't see any safety wire on the oil filter either, so... who knows.

There is more info (and more pics) here, but still doesn't explain if it's a street bike, track bike, or static display. https://silodrome.com/bmw-interceptor/

They are not Californian. They are Spanish. The story explains that it was inspired by the Joe Bar comics
8ce04c74be607a265201951778afb775.jpg

All their bikes seem to be race track inspired but are street bikes or are designed to go into collections. Some of the RAD bikes have endurance race type lights but most have no lights or number (license) plates. Must be how they roll in Madrid the home of 12+1 times World Champion Angel Nieto

Here's my take on a sexy BMW ...................... ;) ;)

Attachments

• sc2h-1.jpg
    sc2h-1.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 202
  • sc2e-1.jpg
    sc2e-1.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 204
  • sc2d-1.jpg
    sc2d-1.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 199
Back
Top Bottom