first build! 1975 cb550, the end is near

Welded up the battery tray
I don't like the look of it at all. I think it kills the lines of the bike but I'm not sure what I can do about it, the electronics have to go somewhere sadly haha

question for people using electronic tray. What are you using/doing to make sure your stuff isn't hitting each other and shorting stuff out?

Side note, I was messing around with exhaust placement I'd love to do something like this but I just don't have the room to do it lol look awesome though!

that seat looks fantastic on there
looking at the ride height of your bike it looks lower in the back than stock ?
did you do that because you dropped the front as well ?

imho I think you either need to ditch the electronics "tray" and mount the battery down on the swingarm completely exposed in an industrial sort of way while hiding the rest of the wiring bits in the headlight bucket and/or under the tank or build the electronics bucket to the triangular shape of that area under the seat (with a false, flat, bottom) and embrace the look.

mounting a battery on the swingarm is just plain stupid
some nicely fabricated side panel frame covers would look great on there
the open center triangle look is dead,tired and more overdone than black bacon

bcvickers said:
build the electronics bucket to the triangular shape of that area under the seat (with a false, flat, bottom) and embrace the look.
I like this idea. I can make it two separate compartments, that way I can get some storage back. Make the top half for electronics and bottom half for random junk I might be carrying.

xb33bsa said:
that seat looks fantastic on there
looking at the ride height of your bike it looks lower in the back than stock ?
did you do that because you dropped the front as well ?

Actually the rear was one inch lower when I welded the tail up. So instead of getting longer shocks to compensate for that, I lowered the front to match it. So the bike is one inch all around lower

Wow, looks awesome! We'll done.. . Seat is pretty sharp too! Excited to see what you end up doing with the electronics

Back
Top Bottom