1980 CB650 Brat/Bobber/Tracker? - First Bike, First Build

That video is great thanks for finding that I looked on you tube I guess I didnt look for the right thing! Hopefully Ill get it back together tonight. If you ever have problems with your carbs look into putting 1990's cbr900 carbs they are cheap and parts are plentyful.

Registered here to follow this post since i'm starting a 81 CB650C project. I want to see what you will do with the gauge and headlight!

TheHunter said:
Registered here to follow this post since i'm starting a 81 CB650C project. I want to see what you will do with the gauge and headlight!

I'm curious about what I'm going to do with the headlight and gauges too haha.

Not much of anything has happened to the bike since I got the new shocks on, just been riding it. I have about 1300 miles on it since I bought it, with really no failures since I worked out the carbs and charging system. Feels good.

Some time this fall the seat will get upholstered, and I'll start on side covers and tank paint once it gets too cold to ride. Right now I'm just enjoying having a working motorcycle.

Any updated pictures on the bike (specifically the seat)? I 'm currently trying to build a good seat for my CB 650

Xander. said:
Love the bike, its too bad theres been no progress posted in the past year

Thanks, sadly there hasn't been any progress on the bike in the past year. Finished up my final year of school, and currently job hunting while working as a mechanic again to make ends meet doesn't leave much time or extra cash left over for the bike. Hopefully once I have a steady income and my own place I'll be able to get back to it.

DV2000NJ said:
Thanks, sadly there hasn't been any progress on the bike in the past year. Finished up my final year of school, and currently job hunting while working as a mechanic again to make ends meet doesn't leave much time or extra cash left over for the bike. Hopefully once I have a steady income and my own place I'll be able to get back to it.
I've got a CB650 too, so I'm waiting with bated breath

DV2000NJ said:

You're not dead, good. :)

Nice to hear from ya too. Glad to see the build is not dead either....

I hear ya on time and money. Life get's in the way of all the fun stuff.

Xander. said:
I've got a CB650 too, so I'm waiting with bated breath

Don't wait on me, just go start doing shit! I have no idea what I'm actually doing, I just drink beer and stare at the bike until the bad ideas make sense. ;D

rays650cafe said:
You're not dead, good. :)
Being "not dead" is something that I have been pretty good at so far... In fact, thus far, I have a 100% success rate at not dying!

M.B Co said:
Nice to hear from ya too. Glad to see the build is not dead either....

I hear ya on time and money. Life get's in the way of all the fun stuff.
The build isn't dead, it's just in a coma. I ended up selling my Miata and buying a 2000 VFR800 that's been my daily transportation, so that leaves me even less motivated to work on the 650. The VFR is just so much... better.

I'll throw up a couple pictures of that thing to make this thread a little interesting again. Bike is stupid clean for a 15 year old motorcycle.

2000 Honda VFR800 by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

10465353_10103961078239270_7078620727407337304_o.jpg

I dont know how many times i've read through this but every time i get more excited to start work on mine this fall. thanks for the wicked posts, cant wait to see your bike all done

Ha, finally google lead me to gold. I bought an 81 CB650C back in May, got my license in November and I'm using the winter to do my build on her. This is the first place I finally found good info on a 650C specifically!

Your pics really helped me visualize and wrap my brain and imagination around some things that I had been battling over up until now. Thanks for your thread!

I think I will start my own now as well.

UltraV said:
Ha, finally google lead me to gold. I bought an 81 CB650C back in May, got my license in November and I'm using the winter to do my build on her. This is the first place I finally found good info on a 650C specifically!

Your pics really helped me visualize and wrap my brain and imagination around some things that I had been battling over up until now. Thanks for your thread!

I think I will start my own now as well.

http://www.sohc4.net/cb650/ this is a good model-specific forum, and volker is very knowledgable. Follow the 650 links at the bottom to get to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom