Universal - Adjustable Rearset - more pictures and discount option

Viet,

These look mint and at a great price. I have a CL350 and will probably end up ordering the full set. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Thanks!
Mark

woolsac said:
Viet,

These look mint and at a great price. I have a CL350 and will probably end up ordering the full set. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Thanks!
Mark
Dear Mark,

Many thanks for your interest. I am planning to set a side USD 3 for any sale on ebay to the people in difficulty in Vietnam. My friend organises a free lunch at hospitals in Hanoi and the money will go there as first destination
Thanks again

Great to hear about the donations, Viet. I made payment this morning via ebay/paypal, so you should see it at some point.
Also, you mentioned there will be a hole cut for the rear brake switch as well as rubber placed over the shifter. Is this included in mine for i dont see it in the ebay photos? Can't wait to receive them, thanks!

A question to the community.... with a CL350 in mind, what do you recommend for handlebars... clubman or drag bar?

Thanks for the help,
Mark

Viet said:
Dear Mark,

Many thanks for your interest. I am planning to set a side USD 3 for any sale on ebay to the people in difficulty in Vietnam. My friend organises a free lunch at hospitals in Hanoi and the money will go there as first destination
Thanks again

hello viet! i am interested in a set of these for my '72 cl350 scrambler. how do i order them? or should i search for you on ebay and purchase them through there? interested in the rubber toe boots, hole for the brake light and the adapter plate for the cl350 too.

jgsb1966 said:
hello viet! i am interested in a set of these for my '72 cl350 scrambler. how do i order them? or should i search for you on ebay and purchase them through there? interested in the rubber toe boots, hole for the brake light and the adapter plate for the cl350 too.
Please buy out of ebay for DTT discount. The price is 110 including the bracket.
Many thanks

viet - just did a buy it now on a set and sent paypal payment (which defaulted to $115, wasn't sure how to apply the dtt discount). i am ebay user jgsb66 and the email address attached to the paypal is javagreenslugbug@yahoo.com. looking forward to getting this for my '72 scrambler :)

Viet said:
Dear Mark,

Thanks again
Viet, as mentioned I have a cl350, did you mail the additional bracket with my rear set and clevis order?
Thanks
Mark

Dear Mark,

Sorry, I only sent those as pictured on ebay. If you still need the right bracket. I will send you one

Viet Bac

jgsb1966 said:

Hey JGSB.

Had a couple of questions in regards to your rearset install... provided you received the parts and started the work.

I received mine last week and have a couple of questions on the install that either you or Viet can provide guidance on:

1. The bolt to the rearsets when fitted on the rear passenger pegs are too long and hit the side of the rear wheel swing arm. Is it ok to cut off 1/4" to provide clearance from hitting the swing arm?
2. Is only one lock washer required for each side? 4 total were shipped and wasnt sure if I was missing a step of installation.
3. Did not know that this was not a complete install and ready to ride kit. There is no linkage to the shifter rod. I assume that I will need to cut up the original shift lever to connect the linkage to? Does anyone have any idea if there is an aftermarket part taht I could use that can do the same job? I always like to keep the stock parts in case if I ever want to go back to the stock settings and would hate to cut up my shift lever.

Thanks!
Mark

Hi Woolsac,

1. You can cut the bolt if you want. I make it quite long in case you need it. If you dont, just cut it to the length you want.
2. The lock washers (2) are spare for you to use in future in case you broke any during the adjustment of angle.
3. You could buy on ebay a shift lever as a reserve. It not a difficult part. So for me, I will cut off the shift lever and weld on that new lever for rearset

woolsac said:
Hey JGSB.

Had a couple of questions in regards to your rearset install... provided you received the parts and started the work.

I received mine last week and have a couple of questions on the install that either you or Viet can provide guidance on:

1. The bolt to the rearsets when fitted on the rear passenger pegs are too long and hit the side of the rear wheel swing arm. Is it ok to cut off 1/4" to provide clearance from hitting the swing arm?
2. Is only one lock washer required for each side? 4 total were shipped and wasnt sure if I was missing a step of installation.
3. Did not know that this was not a complete install and ready to ride kit. There is no linkage to the shifter rod. I assume that I will need to cut up the original shift lever to connect the linkage to? Does anyone have any idea if there is an aftermarket part taht I could use that can do the same job? I always like to keep the stock parts in case if I ever want to go back to the stock settings and would hate to cut up my shift lever.

Thanks!
Mark

i just received my rearsets today. only had a chance to look real quick at it tonight, but it looks like there is no possible way for the kickstarter to clear the brake pedal. am i missing something here? haven't looked at the left side, but i don't recall a linkage for the shifter, so it looks like i might have to cut mine. i'm a little frustrated right now, so i called it a night. lol! also, there was only one page of instructions that only covered a very little bit. how many pages were there supposed to be?

On my CB350, the clearance b/w the brake lever and kick starter just enough and with little care when you kick the starter. However, my kick starter lever looks like a CB450 kick starter and not like a CB350K3 that I have a photo. Could you check on another kick starter for it (CB500T or CB450K for example)
Thanks
jgsb1966 said:
i just received my rearsets today. only had a chance to look real quick at it tonight, but it looks like there is no possible way for the kickstarter to clear the brake pedal. am i missing something here? haven't looked at the left side, but i don't recall a linkage for the shifter, so it looks like i might have to cut mine. i'm a little frustrated right now, so i called it a night. lol! also, there was only one page of instructions that only covered a very little bit. how many pages were there supposed to be?

i'll take a picture of it sometime this weekend and post up to show you what it looks like (and see if you think that other kickstarter would do the trick).

here is a mockup of my rearsets and my kickstarter on my '72 350 scrambler. any suggestions, opinions, did i mount them up wrong (ignore the electrical wire i used to hold them in place and the kickstarter down)

2012-05-29_19-48-34_765.jpg

Please use a CB450 K2 kick starter which has the kick starter boss helps increasing the gap between the kick starter and the frame.

Viet
jgsb1966 said:
here is a mockup of my rearsets and my kickstarter on my '72 350 scrambler. any suggestions, opinions, did i mount them up wrong (ignore the electrical wire i used to hold them in place and the kickstarter down)

2012-05-29_19-48-34_765.jpg

jgsb1966 said:
My kick starter doesn't clear the brake lever either. I dont normally use the kickstart for I still have my electric stater installed. Also, I ran into the same issue with the linkage to the shifter. I bought an offset linkage for our CL's off of Dime City Cycle. Issue with that now is that the DCC linkage arm is too wide to fit in the provided linkage joint. I will have to sand down the aluminum on the DCC arm to fit in the joint. Not so much "install and go" as I thought it was going to be.... I'll keep you posted.

@viet - i'll start my search for a cb450 kickstarter, then.
@woolsac - i haven't even messed with the shifter side yet. so please, keep us informed on what you find out as i will probably be doing as you have done.

Back
Top Bottom