350 Cam Chain Guide in a 360...

jackattack

I recently had the cam chain tensioner break on my cl360, which caused the guide to break as well. After searching endlessly, i found a NEW tensioner! BUT the guy had no guides for the 360, only the 350, which is very different. I managed to modify the guide to fit into my 360's channel by zipping the top off, shave some plastic off of the 'new' top and a small 'block' towards the center of it, AND, my main concern, bent the bottom hook straight, very carefully.

Now, i know bending any metal reduces its strength, but will that be much of an issue so long as a brand new tensioner is maintained? this is how the guide broke in the first place, of course, neglecting the tensioner.

Started her up, she sounds great. Gonna rev her up on the road in a bit.

Has anyone attempted this? And with what results??

I hope you took pictures.

the tensioner for the 360 is a world of difference fromt he 350, but I hadn't realized the guide may be a close fit.

Any pics at all?

No pics!! :-\ the tensioner is definitely a 360 tensioner. cutting off the top of the 350 guide made it a bit short. might not be sitting where it should. but i made sure the top fit extra snug to compensate.

Its hard to visualize without know what the two look like side by side.... pictures would've really helped wouldn't they? dang...

I am trying to help Zephyrking source Cam chain tensioners and guides for the CB360. Zephyr is the proprietor of www.hondacb360.com

If a 350 guide, modified, maybe modified "professionally" will work reliably, that might be one route he takes.

The tensioner is another problem all together. We are working on it. We looked at some of the 4 cyl versions, but they are too small to start with.

Hopefully we can find suitable replacements to supply the CB360 market.

Back
Top Bottom