GasGas Pampera tracker ideas

flatyre

hey guys I'm in the middle of a small two stroke engine café build and was out hunting for 35mm forks (the old stanchions are shot) when I was offered the ones off this for £50 on the condition that I took the whole bike.

tank, seat, rad guards and bars are missing, on the plus side she was a runner, and the engine still turns over, and dispite the surface rust, a good solid frame. This is what she looked like new.

now I know projects are like girlfriends, more than one at a time can be dangerous so what to do. take the forks, front wheel, and brake off and ditch the rest, or get it running, fab a tank, and seat and have a fun little tracker for the summer? Never rode a Pampera but they got great reviews and are supposedly one of the closest things to a road legal trials bike, the kind of bike you could ride to work during the week and thrash the nuts off along the forest trails at the weekend. Opinions welcome!

have spent a week searching every ebay and gumtree site in Europe and haven't found a single pampera for breaking. I'm thinking of fabricating a tank out of metal or possibly grp and a basic tracker style seat. Maybe stick a round light on the front and remove the rear fender. Basically give it a slightly retro look without hacking it up. That way I can still restore it to factory if the parts ever crop up. Anyone built a modern/retro fusion tracker?

Here is a Gas Gas forum, this page has a list of parts that interchange from other makes. Nothing about tanks though. It would be a good place to ask though.

Looking at it I would think some year/model of KX125/250 would work, or for a bigger capacity a KDX or KLX stock tank or an IMS or Clarke oversize tank for a KX.

I would consider cutting off that subframe and weld on mounts for an aluminum one from a MX bike.

http://gasgasrider.org/html/parts_crossover.html

had a look on the gasgas forum, looks like i'll get plenty of good technical advice there. Have been given a plastic tank and matching seat off a KX scrambler. however I'd rather modify the tank to fit the frame than hack up the frame to suit the tank. question is how difficult and expensive is to plastic weld a gas tank? or should I modify a steel gas tank? or fab one from new using either grp or steel? use the kx scrambler seat or fab a tracker style unit? decisions decisions!

Back
Top Bottom