76 CJ360T Brat

JayNaga

I had a little thread going in the cafe racer board because i didnt really know where the bike was going at first. But eventually it became a little brat build. If you wanna see where the bike started out check out my thread in the cafe board. Here are some recent pictures.

snowboard seat pan
2222.jpg

alligator vinyl
11111.jpg

on the farm
onthefarm.jpg

And a picture from today. Finally put on my new bars!
IMG_20120326_194543.jpg

I was so exited about my new bars that I took my bike into town to see a movie with the girlfirend despite the fact that it was only 28 degress out tonight. I regret my decision. My hands are still freezing.

dig the seat dude!

whats planned for it????
pods and delete sidecovers??

keep it up.....peace

Ive been thinking about using some pods and then dropping the battery down to just above the swingarm. But before I do that I need to do some engine work. Did a compression test the other day and the left cylinder is running at 120psi and the right only 90psi. I dont believe I had the bike warmed up enough but regardless there is a difference in pressure. Right now the bike is only wanting to go 65mph. It used to pull good even at 75mph so something needs fixing. Ill probably start with rings and a head gasket. I also need to build some baffles for the little straight pipes im running. I dont think the lack of back pressure is helping me much. And I could use a little less attention from the police.
So from most important to least:

1.Rings and gaskets
2.baffles and header rewrap
3.pods and battery relocation (probably rejet as well)
4.tires (shinko 244 dual sport. 70% on road 30% off)
5. New headlight bucket, turns signals, brakelight. Possibly switch to HID setup
6.clean up/paint frame
7.clean up/polish cases and fins
8.fix dents on tank and paint or find a slightly bigger tank and strip the paint off and then clear coat
9. fab up a rear fender
10.finish sewing up my tool bag for the forks
11.fab up a discreet fishing pole mount

Thats all I can think of for now. Its alot to do especially considering that this is my daily driver right now(northern michigan in march still very cold). My Amc Eagle is getting a high output head swapped on to it and my SVX needs some work aswell.

IMG_20120331_181626.jpg

Took a ride with my buddy Nick today. It was our first time riding together and the longest ride for him since we gave his bike a little cafe look. Its supposed to warm up even more tomorrow (high of 62!) so im hoping he has the time to go for another ride.

Thanks alot. Nicks bike by the way is a 78 twinstar 200. He just put the bars on awhile ago and we created a seat pan, added a cowl and painted it two days ago. Funny thing is that he picked out the same vinyl for his seat as me before even seeing my bike. Great minds think alike.

Are those just shorty sporty mufflers from the big guys (jc whitney type)? I'm diggin it.

DUDE IT LOOKS GREAT... I was Soo close to doing the alligator skin leather, but at the time it just seemed too expensive. lol.
In your future paint plans are you thinking bout doing something besides the flat black ?
also crazypj made a huge improvement to my carbs.

I have no idea what the shorty pipes actually are. I got them from a friend who had them in a box of extra parts when he got his cb360. My bike isnt actually flat black. Its a dark gray and has a little bit of black that I just lightly dusted the tank and side covers with. I would like to find a slightly bigger tank and strip it down to bare steel and then possibly let it rust a bit before clearcoating. I also have considered using bedliner for the tank to give it a a rugged look.

Here are some bikes that I really enjoy the look of the paint of lack of

Attachments

• 01_12_2011_rat_goldwing_01.jpg
    01_12_2011_rat_goldwing_01.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,108
  • GS_bobber.jpg
    GS_bobber.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 362
  • headon.png
    headon.png
    783.6 KB · Views: 277
Just got back from fishing. Rode the bike to a pond a few miles away from my house. Didnt catch anything but got my line wet. I was hoping the bass and bluegill were going to be active and starting to bed so I took my fly rod for some topwater action. Bad decision because the fish were still down deep and even with using my sinking line and heavier flies I still only got one bite. It was good to get out there though. Saw a bunch of turtles, turkeys, and even a bald eagle. I should have gone down to the river I was hiking at with my dog earlier today. I saw a bunch of steelhead and even tried to scoop a couple of them out with my hands just for fun.
IMG_20120401_194614.jpg

IMG_20120401_194532.jpg

How in the hell did you get a screw through your tire from the inside?

I wondered the same thing until I found the head of the screw still stuck in the middle of the tread. I thinking the screw went in straight but snapped when it hit the inside of the rim then made a 90 degree turn and shot out of the sidewall.

Back
Top Bottom