First Honda twin from Stuart, Florida

Frostback

Hey everyone. Ive been in and out of these forums since I purchased my '72 CB450. Ive found lots of great builds and info in these pages, and would like to thank those who contribute to the 450 database. So I figured Id contribute in some way; for Im now quite familiar with this bike....

Im 24 from the treasure coast in Florida. I work and crew for a Porsche racing shop, and in my spare time I work at the shop playing with my racecar and the CB. Music is another partial hobby thats on the sideline because of racecars and motorcycles...

But we are here for motorcycles. I own two, a 2007 Ninja 250. My first motorcycle from my teenage days. I rode her mostly on the highway, learning to use the most of the 25 horses. Picking my passes carefully, and listening to the little twin sing at 11.5k RPM. Fantastic little bike that will always be a favorite. But, Ive always been more of a vintage guy. I like my cars, motorcycles and guitars with age. So finally I picked up my air cooled twin.

My purchase; within an hour and a half of owning, turned into a project. The bike was beautiful. It had lots of patina for its age but was obviously garage kept. 15k on the odometer promised life out of the motor, and the ride was smooth and stable. I decided to ride her back on the freeway 150 miles home. As any good love affair begins, mine started with a blown motor.

The tear down revealed I had melted a piston. The culprit: clogged main jets/circuits resulting in a lean fuel mixture at highway speeds. I believe my excitement got the best of my senses... Ill never do that again...

I should be writing up on my rebuild of this unique machine. Complete with the overall of the frame, suspension, brakes, and motor. Cant wait to share and learn from the rest of ya'll!

Attachments

• IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 183
Great looking ride mate, welcome from MTL. What racecar do you have? My old man used to race 60's Lotus' and so I basically grew up in the pit lane. Good times

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom