Bridgestone M2/SS 200cc Motorcycle Restoration! She Is Still Winning Awards!

Re: Bridgestone M2/SS 200cc Motorcycle Restoration

NIce Joe, Keep it up, you do some great resto work.

8) Put your shades on cause this bike will be too bright to look at without your sunglasses! Great work JOE! Can't wait to see her shining in the Sun at shows!

Brothers you are all too kind, thank you so much for the compliments however a lot of the credit goes to Brother casi85 as well, he has a very nice vision for what he would like for this motorcycle and has truly been offering absolutely beautiful parts to work with!

She is a shining star, I hope a lot of people will enjoy getting to see her at the shows!

This photo shows the handle bars that Brother casi85 had rechromed for the Bridgestone!

000_00027.jpg

I installed the triple trees with their bearings, the newly chromed handlebars with their clamps, and the speedometer bracket to the frame. I will have to take the frame outside to get some really nice photos however this is how she looks now!

000_00062.jpg

000_00029.jpg

looking sweet man! like it!

I got a lot of work done on the Bridgestone today, I sprayed the final silver basecoat and clearcoat on the chain guard and tail light bracket and I was also able to spray the black on the speedometer, the front engine mounts, toolbox, center stand, and the swingarm. The paint is still drying on these parts so I will add photos of them in the morning.

After I painted today I filled the forks with oil and started assembling more of the front end components and was able to install the front forks, springs, spacers, boots, lower triple tree chrome collars, head light mounts, new front reflectors, the newly chromed headlight bucket, the axle, etc. to the motorcycle.

Here are a few photos of how she is resting this evening!

000_00055.jpg

000_00087.jpg

000_00063.jpg

That front end is coming together nicely! Can't wait to see the stainless front fender all polished up on there.

The parts that I painted yesterday dried enough to handle so I bolted the swingarm to the frame and assembled the newly chromed tail light housing to the bracket and mounted it to the fender. I also started polishing the tail light lens and mounted it as well.

I am planning on trying to finish the sanding and polishing of the front brake plate and hub within the next couple days so that I can build the front wheel and mount it as I would like it in place for measurements as I reshape and restore the stainless steel front fender.

000_0032.jpg

000_0047.jpg

000_0067.jpg

Today we worked on sanding and polishing the front brake plate and hub some more, as I mentioned previously Brother casi85 asked me to leave the factory casting marks, imperfections, etc. and lightly polish the aluminum to retain as much of the factory appearance as possible so I lightly hand polished the brake plate and reassembled it with the shafts that I cleaned and the levers that Brother casi85 had rechromed. Dad also came for a visit and spent a lot of time sanding the hub so as soon as we polish it I will post more photos and start building the wheel with the new spokes and chrome rim.

I am going to polish the plate some more to remove the very fine scratches however this is how it looks so far.

000_00102.jpg

000_00044.jpg

BEA----UTIFUL!! Just the look I wanted Joe.

Can't wait to see this one finished. Great job so far.

Brother casi I am so happy that the brake plate looks like you wanted it to! You have a beautiful vision for this motorcycle and I am so very proud and truly honored to have been provided the opportunity to work with you on it!

Thank you Brother 56_oval!

Dad sanded the front hub on Friday so today I started polishing it, I also laced the hub to the new chrome rim with new spokes. I still have to true the rim so the spokes are loose in this photo and I am going to polish the hub some more however this is how the rim looks this evening.

000_00085.jpg

000_00096.jpg

000_00144.jpg

Nice, what a sweet looking brake assembly!

Now that is fine work! Absolute beauty so far.

000_00044.jpg

000_00096.jpg

Thank you both so much Brothers! Your kind words mean more to me than you know and they truly are my inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom