STUNT BIKE - CB360

panther said:
Nice Rides dude, That paint work looks great on your cb360, epically with the red frame.

p.s you can't beat the sound of a duke, at least the honda is a twin :)

thanks, I became a twins convert kicking and screaming. I loved high rpms and top end rush. I tried to race a SV650 but couldn't ride the thing when the red mist hit. I just couldn't learn to tractor it out of turns without thinking about it.

The CB does sound pretty good for stock pipes and $15 mufflers.

Rusnak_322 said:
Here is the headlight that I used. I had not seen one before on a bike, but recently I have seen it on a few threads. :mad:

006.jpg

what kind of headlight is that

sbaugz said:
what kind of headlight is that

I can't remember where I got it from (maybe have the receipt at home). It was from a hot rod shop and cost $35. It was a little bit of a pain to fit into the stock headlight bucket. I had to cut it with a dremel, and even though I took precautions, I got dust and debris inside the light. It was a huge PITA to get it clean.

They had the black dot on the center in red and blue as well.

I had a Monster 750 and a S4 before my current one (with a few bikes between them) and I can't think of another bike that I would rather have at any price.

The air cooled bikes look so much better but the 4 vale motor is just so much fun.

You 800 looks great - my m750 was red, but it had the gold frame and wheels.

Thanks! This thing is more Monster than I will ever need.. I noticed last night that I haven't even gotten it to 5th gear yet..lol

Swagger said:
What a great looking bike! The paintwork really makes it stand out.

Regarding the mufflers, I would throw this out there:
http://swaggeringpagan.blogspot.com/2012/01/loud-pipes-savewellnothing-it-seems.html

Thanks!
The mufflers are temporary. I am on the look out for a damaged oval sport bike muffler that I want to shorten and use. I will need to con one of my friends to make me a 2 into 1 that will look good. I also need to make a heat shield before I do any real riding.

You could make a simple dual core muffler with two inputs and one or two outputs.
All you'd need was someone to cut some end plates from aluminum to suit an oval'd portion of thin wall aluminum tubing. You can buy perforated tubing cheap for the cores, some stainless wool for fill and some rivets to hold the works together and you're off to the races, fully custom and better than kludging on some reworked take-off. You can do it mate, the level of detail shown proves that to me!

How is the monster? Thinking about picking up a used one but def don't want a 620 (and there is always like 10 to choose from when buying)....Sat on a 2011 and it was more comfortable than I expected (any thing's more comfortable when you arrive on a 1960)

Hey Desmo....where are you located? My cousin is selling her 07 696, it's way more bike than I woulda given it credit for. Wheelie machine!

Swagger said:
You could make a simple dual core muffler with two inputs and one or two outputs.
All you'd need was someone to cut some end plates from aluminum to suit an oval'd portion of thin wall aluminum tubing. You can buy perforated tubing cheap for the cores, some stainless wool for fill and some rivets to hold the works together and you're off to the races, fully custom and better than kludging on some reworked take-off. You can do it mate, the level of detail shown proves that to me!

The dual core is a good idea. I will still glob off of my friends. I have one friend who has a fab shop and specializes in high alloy work. I also know the owner of HMF exhaust. http://hmfracing.com He made me and my wife custom exhausts for our street bikes a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom